+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remove Dependent on divorce filing After AOR

sam adams

Jul 20, 2021
Hi All,

I Applied as CEC Inland + Outland Dependent in Feb 2021. All stages (Eligibility, Criminality, Security, Medical, Info sharing etc) of my application are Passed. I am assuming that the file is on hold because my dependent is outland.

This month I got mutual divorced filled. It will take around 6 months to 1 year to receive the decree. I have received the certified court copy of the divorce petition.

Can anyone please help me the below questions :

1. What is the procedure to remove my dependent from my application.

2. What are the documents i need to submit for IRCC to complete processing of my application?

3. How do I submit documents to IRCC?

4. Is there any format of LOE you can help me with to update IRCC? Is there any affidavit i need to provided IRCC, If yes, can you please help me with the format of affidavit?

Thank you in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi All,

I Applied as CEC Inland + Outland Dependent in Feb 2021. All stages (Eligibility, Criminality, Security, Medical, Info sharing etc) of my application are Passed. I am assuming that the file is on hold because my dependent is outland.

This month I got mutual divorced filled. It will take around 6 months to 1 year to receive the decree. I have received the certified court copy of the divorce petition.

Can anyone please help me the below questions :

1. What is the procedure to remove my dependent from my application.

2. What are the documents i need to submit for IRCC to complete processing of my application?

3. How do I submit documents to IRCC?

4. Is there any format of LOE you can help me with to update IRCC? Is there any affidavit i need to provided IRCC, If yes, can you please help me with the format of affidavit?

Thank you in advance

1. Send a webform to IRCC and attach the following:
a. The petition filed for the divorce scanned copy of the official document)
b. Any divorce agreements filed with the application
c. Any child custody agreements filed (if applicable).

There is no need for any LOE. Simply enter the text on the web form and inform IRCC that you have filed for a divorce and list the documents being submitted. Also mention that it may take 6 months for the final orders to be issued and they will be submitted as and when available.

Also, request that your spouse be removed from the application.

sam adams

Jul 20, 2021
@legalfalcon Thank you for your response.

Will this put my application on hold till i receive Divorce Decree or they would simply remove dependent and process my application to finalization?

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thank you for your response.

Will this put my application on hold till i receive Divorce Decree or they would simply remove dependent and process my application to finalization?

Thanks
Usually, the application is placed on hold until a final document is submitted. Hower, some checks may continue such as security if they have started.

sam adams

Jul 20, 2021
Usually, the application is placed on hold until a final document is submitted. Hower, some checks may continue such as security if they have started.
@legalfalcon ,

All my stages like eligibility, security, info sharing, criminality , background check, etc are Passed. Got this info when i called IRCC last time. I believe my application was not finalized because i have dependent in India.

Now that i have submitted divorce petition and requested to remove dependent or make her non accompanying. Will that suffice to finalize my application?

Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon ,

All my stages like eligibility, security, info sharing, criminality , background check, etc are Passed. Got this info when i called IRCC last time. I believe my application was not finalized because i have dependent in India.

Now that i have submitted divorce petition and requested to remove dependent or make her non accompanying. Will that suffice to finalize my application?

Thank you
It will depend on the discretion of the visa officer. In most cases, they will wait for a final divorce decree from the court before going ahead.

Reactions: sam adams