+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Removal order

Sexyfanita

May 9, 2022
Good day. I have been here for over 7 years and is now married with a 4 year old, my papers applying for my PR are already in for 3 months now. I applied for refugee claim at 1st and was denied, I appealed it and was also denied. Now I have received an order of removal letter for an interview. I have a valid work permit as I applied for an extension before everything happened.

What can I expect at this interview?
Will I have to leave the country on the same day of the interview?
Can my work permit allow me to remain in the country since its still valid?

Thanks in advance for your help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good day. I have been here for over 7 years and is now married with a 4 year old, my papers applying for my PR are already in for 3 months now. I applied for refugee claim at 1st and was denied, I appealed it and was also denied. Now I have received an order of removal letter for an interview. I have a valid work permit as I applied for an extension before everything happened.

What is the status of your spouse? Your WP was granted because you were applying for asylum or appealing the rejection. Without any current applications and a removal order not sure what your grounds for a WP extension are.

Interview will usually examine your current situation in Canada. No you won’t need to leave Canada that day. You will usually have to agree to a reporting schedule with CBSA. This is serious, you should be getting a lawyer if you want to try and remain in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I would recommend you post your questions to the Refugee / Asylum section of the forum. You'll get the best answers to your questions there.