+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Removal order no signed proof of leaving the country

bengalister

May 25, 2016
Hi,

I had received a removal order at YUL because I failed to comply with the residency obligations. I was expecting it even though I regret it. But I left Canada after a week and at the airport the immigration officer checked that I boarded the plane.
But 2 things bother me and I find them concerning. First I have been told that they could not give me any paper to sign because I left within 30 days and I could still appeal.... I also did not get any stamp on my passeport. The officer took my contact info on a simple white piece of paper... She told me that I would receive a confirmation after 30 days.
I am very afraid that the procedure has not been followed and that I will be banned from traveling as a tourist to Canada ever again.

Any advice ?

Last edited:

abdo_85

Jun 7, 2012
Hi,

I had received a removal order at YUL because I failed to comply with the residency obligations. I was expecting it even though I regret it. But I left Canada after a week and at the airport the immigration officer checked that I boarded the plane.
But 2 things bother me and I find them concerning. First I have been told that they could not give me any paper to sign because I left within 30 days and I could still appeal.... I also did not get any stamp on my passeport. The officer took my contact info on a simple white piece of paper... She told me that I would receive a confirmation after 30 days.
I am very afraid that the procedure has not been followed and that I will be banned from traveling as a tourist to Canada ever again.

Any advice ?
just wondering, are your PR still valid or expired ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Any advice ?
Seems like normal procedure. Passports are rarely stamped these days it is done electronically. Not sure what type of stamp you were expecting. You are free to apply for TRV. Like any other visitor you need to prove strong ties outside Canada, have savings, proof of previous international travel, etc. Given your history it will be especially important to show that you don’t have any plans on remaining in Canada.