uerceg

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Berlin, Germany
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hello everyone.

First, I would like to apologise in case I have placed the thread to wrong place (feel free to move it if needed).

I am currently in process of creating Express Entry profile, so not currently in Canada, but planning to move in the future. I know that one can work as individual contractor for non Canadian company, but I don't have currently that option because I don't have visa to reside on Canadian soil other than as a tourist. So my questions are related to considering "working" remotely for my European employer via PEO organisation in Canada. With that in mind, I have two questions about Canadian work visa / PR:

1. Is there absolutely any "setup" in which working remotely for non Canadian employer via PEO can be counted towards those 50 CRS points for valid job offer in Canada? Is it possible at all that job offer PEO company gives me (because from what I understood at the end of the day, I am "employee" of PEO and remote company pays to PEO to pay me the salary) can be counted as valid LMIA job offer?

2. In this "setup", can job offer which PEO gives me be counted as valid job offer for me to obtain work permit?

I was trying to find answers to these questions online, but unfortunately had no real luck, thus giving a shot in here.

Thanks in advance for any kind of answer.

Cheers

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone.

First, I would like to apologise in case I have placed the thread to wrong place (feel free to move it if needed).

I am currently in process of creating Express Entry profile, so not currently in Canada, but planning to move in the future. I know that one can work as individual contractor for non Canadian company, but I don't have currently that option because I don't have visa to reside on Canadian soil other than as a tourist. So my questions are related to considering "working" remotely for my European employer via PEO organisation in Canada. With that in mind, I have two questions about Canadian work visa / PR:

1. Is there absolutely any "setup" in which working remotely for non Canadian employer via PEO can be counted towards those 50 CRS points for valid job offer in Canada? Is it possible at all that job offer PEO company gives me (because from what I understood at the end of the day, I am "employee" of PEO and remote company pays to PEO to pay me the salary) can be counted as valid LMIA job offer?

2. In this "setup", can job offer which PEO gives me be counted as valid job offer for me to obtain work permit?

I was trying to find answers to these questions online, but unfortunately had no real luck, thus giving a shot in here.

Cheers
No way to count the 50 points or get a WP for a remote job. Your European employer can not have offices or clients in Canada if you want to work remotely on a TRV.

Reactions: uerceg

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone.

Cheers
To add to the previous comments.

1) No. Your company would need to have established operations in Canada.
2) No. Again, your company needs to have physical operations in Canada. There is no need for you to be physically in Canada so no work permit is available or will be granted.

Reactions: uerceg

uerceg

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Berlin, Germany
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
@canuck78 and @scylla: Great, thank you so much for the answers!

On this research road I did stumble upon few shady places which are (maybe as part of their sales pitch) claiming that one of these two is a "Yes". But like said, seems pretty shady and if I can get an answer from honest knowledgable people on this topic, I'd rather not even get involved into further discussions with these who claim that "Yes" is possible and stop wasting my time.

Many thanks one more time! Cheers!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@canuck78 and @scylla: Great, thank you so much for the answers!

On this research road I did stumble upon few shady places which are (maybe as part of their sales pitch) claiming that one of these two is a "Yes". But like said, seems pretty shady and if I can get an answer from honest knowledgable people on this topic, I'd rather not even get involved into further discussions with these who claim that "Yes" is possible and stop wasting my time.

Many thanks one more time! Cheers!
The only way this would be remotely possible without your company already having operations in Canada is if you were coming to Canada to establish physical operations for your company here. Meaning that your company was sending you here to set up a physical office location, hire staff for that Canadian office who will physically work in Canada, etc. But in that case that would no longer be remote work.

uerceg

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Berlin, Germany
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I see and that's what I also pretty much thought I understood from various online resources, but thank you for confirmation! Now I'm at least clear on what is probably the only way to work remotely for non Canadian employer in my case - try to get PR through Express Entry pool or provincial nomination and in case that happens and I move to Canada, from what I understood at that moment nothing prevents me from performing remote work for non Canadian employer.

hbaig27

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
I'm currently in Canada and working for a U.S company but employed by a Canadian PEO.

Will this count towards my CEC work exp?