+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ReMedical during pregnancy?

Jul 23, 2018
Hi
We received a request for remedicals (due to expired COPR) last month but I am pregnant. We got all the tests for all family members done except the chest x ray and submitted via webform including the pregnancy deferal letter. In reply, we recieved an email that the medicals have been recieved and forwarded to the relevant vis office.

Now, 30 days have passed since the medicals were requested and our express entry profile says medical not recieved. I had raised another webform within the 30 days to ensure that they had recieved the medicals and again the reply had been in the affirmative.

Now what should we do? Will the profile stay the same way till chest x ray is completed? How do I ensure that nothing else is missing from the medical?

JJIndia

Jul 23, 2021
Hi,
I am in the same situation though I haven’t received any email for remedicals but I am assuming that they would ask for it as my COPR and medicals has expired due to travel restrictions.
any news in your case??

Dreddy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi
We received a request for remedicals (due to expired COPR) last month but I am pregnant. We got all the tests for all family members done except the chest x ray and submitted via webform including the pregnancy deferal letter. In reply, we recieved an email that the medicals have been recieved and forwarded to the relevant vis office.

Now, 30 days have passed since the medicals were requested and our express entry profile says medical not recieved. I had raised another webform within the 30 days to ensure that they had recieved the medicals and again the reply had been in the affirmative.

Now what should we do? Will the profile stay the same way till chest x ray is completed? How do I ensure that nothing else is missing from the medical?
Hi, we are in a similar situation. We don't have COPR or PPR yet. But received remedicals as they are expired and my wife is pregnant. Looks like we will have to wait for X-Ray post delivery for the final outcome as the result would be help till then. Was the case same with you?

Reactions: MWH007

MWH007

Aug 9, 2014
Hi, we are in a similar situation. We don't have COPR or PPR yet. But received remedicals as they are expired and my wife is pregnant. Looks like we will have to wait for X-Ray post delivery for the final outcome as the result would be help till then. Was the case same with you?
Hi Dreddy,
Hope u received PPR by now? How much time did it take to add your new born in your cic account? And how much time did it take to get PPR once u submit all docs. I’m also in a similar situation. My wife just received remedicals request and she is 34 weeks pregnant. Could u plz advise and share your experience?

thanks

Luckbychance

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Hi Dreddy,
Hope u received PPR by now? How much time did it take to add your new born in your cic account? And how much time did it take to get PPR once u submit all docs. I’m also in a similar situation. My wife just received remedicals request and she is 34 weeks pregnant. Could u plz advise and share your experience?

thanks
Hi i am in a similar situation. Can you advice wht to do. I will be required to wait for next 9 months . Is there a way the application is not delayed

Luckbychance

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Hi

Can u suggest what was the outcome for your application. Can ircc consider thr earlier xray to proceed

Dreddy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi Dreddy,

thanks
Just saw this. We haven't delivered yet. Couple of more months for due date. Hope you received your PPR. Please share your experience

Ibrma

Jun 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
Hi

Hello i AM currently in the same situation.
I AM pregnant. My first medicals were fine but since they expired my husband and I did upfront medicals in March 2022. Now they requested schedule A and updated PCC. However they did not request the remedicals and our status changed to ‘we are reviewing your medicals’ does that mean that they will extend the first ones or they will ask for new medicals ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello i AM currently in the same situation.
I AM pregnant. My first medicals were fine but since they expired my husband and I did upfront medicals in March 2022. Now they requested schedule A and updated PCC. However they did not request the remedicals and our status changed to ‘we are reviewing your medicals’ does that mean that they will extend the first ones or they will ask for new medicals ?
Impossible to say. There is a decent chance that they may ask for medicals again as the last step before approval.

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Does anyone has updates. My w8fe delivered and we did our xray 3 days ago. It is still showing we have not recieved your medicals. I wonder how long it will take to update.

Dreddy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Depends when the clinic submits the report to IRCC, nothing to worry. Check with clinic when they typically submit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does anyone has updates. My w8fe delivered and we did our xray 3 days ago. It is still showing we have not recieved your medicals. I wonder how long it will take to update.
There is a backlog when it comes to review of medicals and it is the holidays so there maybe no one reviewing medicals until after the New Year. If nothing shows up as abnormal, like possible lung scarring from previous infection (which can happen especially in certain countries although more common the older you are), then your application will be processed faster. If there are any potential concerns about the medical there is a review by a healthcare worker to determine whether additional tests are needed and what tests are required.