+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relocation outside Quebec after submitting spousal sponsorship application

'pwbhs

Feb 7, 2024
Hello everyone,

I am currently a permanent resident living in Quebec and I would like to sponsor my wife ( currently out of the country) to become a PR.

However, I will be moving out of Quebec in a few months, but the sponsorship process could take a year.

Given that Quebec has different sponsorship rules, so will my current spousal sponsorship application follow the general federal process or Quebec's?

Thank you!

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am currently a permanent resident living in Quebec and I would like to sponsor my wife ( currently out of the country) to become a PR.

However, I will be moving out of Quebec in a few months, but the sponsorship process could take a year.

Given that Quebec has different sponsorship rules, so will my current spousal sponsorship application follow the general federal process or Quebec's?

Thank you!
You should move out fast as processing time in Quebec is 34 months and in rest of canada it is 12 months

'pwbhs

Feb 7, 2024
You should move out fast as processing time in Quebec is 34 months and in rest of canada it is 12 months
Thank you. But I want to apply as early as possible. Can I submit my application documents now and then move to Ontario in a month, in this way do I need to apply for the CSQ or other things that are according to Quebec rules?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you. But I want to apply as early as possible. Can I submit my application documents now and then move to Ontario in a month, in this way do I need to apply for the CSQ or other things that are according to Quebec rules?
If you're moving in a month, I'd really suggest moving first and then applying.

While it may be possible to apply and not get caught up in the quebec mess by indicating will settle in another province - why risk it?

'pwbhs

Feb 7, 2024
If you're moving in a month, I'd really suggest moving first and then applying.

While it may be possible to apply and not get caught up in the quebec mess by indicating will settle in another province - why risk it?
Thank you for the advice! I'd settle in another province before applying.

Reactions: YVR123