+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relatives and Friends names on Spouse questionnaire ?

claudiakee

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-june-2012
Doc's Request.
10-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
13-Sept-2012
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2012
Med's Done....
May-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-Jan-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-Jan-2013
Hi everyone,

I am trying to fill out my spouse questionnaire right now and they asked me to give my relatives and friends name who knows about my husbands and I's relationship.
I came up with a couple questions when I am trying to do this:

1. I am wondering Do I Have to give them all of my relatives and friends name who know about our relationship?( this would be a lot of people and may take a whole page to completely list all of them)
Or do I only give those relatives and friends who are closest to me?

2. For the Spouse questionnaire, is it normal to discover that I may have an extra 10 pages (maybe more) of attachments that proves our trips/outing together, the wedding ,etc.

3. Since my husband and I are trying to finish the whole application paperwork on ourselves, what is the most important thing that we should consider when we hand in our application? (should we focus on providing very detailed evidence of our genuine relationship? Or we only need a couple pictures as the forms suggested? i would not want to overwhelm a officer in the immigration office with tones of information but sure would like to provide sufficient to prove that we relationship is genuine)

Thank you all for reading and I hope all your applications go well!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) i listed my close relatives
2) for some people thats ok i didnt have extra had a very minimal package just answering what was asked
3) go with an app that u are satisfied with so if 100 pics works for u do it if 10 pics work for u do it but dont go by others app as everyone is different

claudiakee

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-june-2012
Doc's Request.
10-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
13-Sept-2012
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2012
Med's Done....
May-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-Jan-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-Jan-2013
Thank You Kedeisha for your fast reply! Really appreciate it!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You do not have to list every friend and relative who has met your husband, but adding an extra page to list a lot is a good idea. You can add a note at the end stating that he has met more, and the other names can be provided if the visa officer wants.

For how much detail to provide, and how many photos, there are two basic considerations IMO: 1. what visa office you are going through. Some visa offices are more 'difficult' than others. For example, if you are going through Accra, Nairobi, Hong Kong, etc., you need more than someone going through London or Buffalo.
2. 'red flags' in your relationship. If the wife is 20 years older than the husband, and the two are of different races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, etc; the two can't speak the same language well; one has been married several times and has kids and the other has never been in a relationship; the two met online 3 months ago and got married the first time they met in person; and so on, then this couple will need a lot of proof.
Two people who are similar and have known each other for a while will need less proof.