+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejection after rejection for driving experience

Jan 1, 2021
I landed in canada more than a year ago and only have a g1 since my Indian license and extract was not accepted at 5 different locations in ontario. The common answer is that your license is not upto industry standards. I even carry a print out from the govt. website yet no clue as to what is going wrong!
i am now eligible for g2 but still have to wait a year for full license which suckss. Did the lady at the first drivetest centre i went to marked something on my file?
should i change province and try getting full license? G2 isnt good enough for me for please help

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
The driving extract worked for everyone i know , who got it from the RTO directly by paying the fees. But if your file is opened and entered i do not think it can be altered now. I maybe wrong but that is the case. You should have refused to open the file until you got your answers.

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
I landed in canada more than a year ago and only have a g1 since my Indian license and extract was not accepted at 5 different locations in ontario. The common answer is that your license is not upto industry standards. I even carry a print out from the govt. website yet no clue as to what is going wrong!
i am now eligible for g2 but still have to wait a year for full license which suckss. Did the lady at the first drivetest centre i went to marked something on my file?
should i change province and try getting full license? G2 isnt good enough for me for please help
What do you need the G for that you cannot do with the G2? My wife has had the G2 for two years and has not bothered to sit for the G test. I guess we are paying a little bit more for insurance but really there are no major restrictions on someone who is using a G2 for driving in Ontario.

Reactions: mashulia_26

navdeepCan23

Apr 30, 2023
Did the say your chip in the license isn't upto the standard? Do you have a chip in your license? Or was the concern specific to the extract?
They are not even looking at my extract, they just see my license and say its not as per ministry standards. Since, you have asked about the chip, my license is actually very old and it has some dirt marks on it including chip, do you think that could be the problem? Do we have any solution for this?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
They are not even looking at my extract, they just see my license and say its not as per ministry standards. Since, you have asked about the chip, my license is actually very old and it has some dirt marks on it including chip, do you think that could be the problem? Do we have any solution for this?
Okay, one thing - it wasn't the extract then.

Honestly, them not giving an exact reason is just very poor, they need to inform what's wrong and what needs fixing. "Not per industry standards" without saying what standard was missing is a pretty dumb statement. I mean, if they told you, you can renew and update the license to get the desired standard. I don't get why they take a job like that with no service mindset.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
For the love of god.
Did any of you actually check the MTO website for Ontario?

You CAN’T exchange the license. India is not listed as a country you can exchange your license with a Canadian one.

Exchange a driver’s licence
You can exchange an out-of-province licence for an Ontario licence, if you are re-locating from:

:: any Canadian province or territory
:: Canadian Armed Forces
:: U.S. States
:: Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Great Britain, the Isle of Man, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Switzerland, Taiwan

Proof of driving experience

You can self-declare one year of driving experience, by showing a valid, original foreign driver’s licence.

If you want to earn credit for more than one year of driving experience, you will also need an official letter from the foreign government or agency that issued the driver’s licence, confirming that the licence is authentic. This letter needs to be written in English or French.

Source: https://www.ontario.ca/page/exchange-out-province-drivers-licence

So go get your verification from the embassy/consulate. You’re still going to have to sit the theory test for G1 AND pass the full G driving test.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buletruck

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Try a different drive test. This is an extremely fragmented process and standards vary from place to place.

Alternatively just give g2 and try g water a year. Not a lot of difference