+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regulated Occupation -- ACCA

Hamza Malik

Jan 12, 2020
Hi All,

I am applying under NOC 1111 Financial Auditor and Accountants.
My NOC occupation is regulated occupation in Canada and hence require license or certification to practice in Canada. CPA certification in my case may be.
However, I am a member of ACCA which is also globally recognized accountancy body.
While creating profile, I have to selected YES in a question of primary occupation is regulated or not?
Once I select Yes, several other question come which I have to answer such as:
- What have you done so far to get this certification?
- Contacted regulatory body that issues certificate?
- Sent my credentials for certificate issuance?
- Completed all education for certification?
- Completed experience requirement for certification?
- Is your certification from home country is fully recognized to practice and dont need to upgrade further skills to practice in this occupation?
etc..

Will my ACCA certification be counted as a certificate to practice in this profession as I am doing this in my country since 5 years. OR Do I need to obtain CPA in order to apply for this NOC.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You need to ask CPA if you will need to do additional certification work.

The profession is regulated, and the rest of the questions relate to what you've done to figure out how to practice in Canada. You don't necessarily need to obtain CPA yet in order to apply but you need to find out if you need CPA to practice in Canada.

Hamza Malik

Jan 12, 2020
You need to ask CPA if you will need to do additional certification work.

The profession is regulated, and the rest of the questions relate to what you've done to figure out how to practice in Canada. You don't necessarily need to obtain CPA yet in order to apply but you need to find out if you need CPA to practice in Canada.
I understand that I need CPA to practice in this profession. But right now i dont have CPA. Will they consider my profile?
Moreover, what if I select I DON'T KNOW option to answer the question about regulated option

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I understand that I need CPA to practice in this profession. But right now i dont have CPA. Will they consider my profile?
Moreover, what if I select I DON'T KNOW option to answer the question about regulated option
But you do know - you just said you did.

The other questions are steps you can take to be ready to practice in Canada. You don't need to complete all of them, but having taken some (or any) does make it look like you're more prepared to move to Canada.

Hamza Malik

Jan 12, 2020
But you do know - you just said you did.

The other questions are steps you can take to be ready to practice in Canada. You don't need to complete all of them, but having taken some (or any) does make it look like you're more prepared to move to Canada.
I got It. I'm just concerned they don't reject or ignore my profile based on the fact that I don't have CPA in hand to apply under this NOC