+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Registered Nurse Options

mdav922

Sep 4, 2018
Hello,

My girlfriend is currently residing with me here in Ontario. She is a Registered Nurse from Ohio. She has completed her nursing certification here in Ontario and is a member of the CNO. She just started working at a hospital here on a Working Holiday Visa.

Our issue is that her Visa will expire in August and we aren't entirely sure of the best next step to take in order for her to continue working here. She is unable to extend her working holiday Holiday Visa since her RO doesn't have any extensions left. We were looking at the maybe a young professionals Visa?

Any assistance on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 29, 2015 (Federal)
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
Hello,

My girlfriend is currently residing with me here in Ontario. She is a Registered Nurse from Ohio. She has completed her nursing certification here in Ontario and is a member of the CNO. She just started working at a hospital here on a Working Holiday Visa.

Our issue is that her Visa will expire in August and we aren't entirely sure of the best next step to take in order for her to continue working here. She is unable to extend her working holiday Holiday Visa since her RO doesn't have any extensions left. We were looking at the maybe a young professionals Visa?

Thanks
Why she didn't apply for TN visa ( Nafta) in the border, it would've been much easier. Not sure for American nurses requirements but Canadian nurses can easily apply for TN visa on the border, they just have to present the visa screen certificate, job offer, diploma, nclex rn license then pay the fee..it's good for 1-3 years and you just have to renew it on the border.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Thanks
Invitations for all working holiday visas (including YP) are on hold right now due to COVID-19 and we don't know when they will begin issuing them again. So that may not be the best plan.

Are you common law? Are you living together and if so, will you have lived together for at least one year continuously before her work permit expires in August?

Is her employer willing to obtain an approved LMIA? (although you're pretty short on time for this option)

mdav922

Sep 4, 2018
Invitations for all working holiday visas (including YP) are on hold right now due to COVID-19 and we don't know when they will begin issuing them again. So that may not be the best plan.

Are you common law? Are you living together and if so, will you have lived together for at least one year continuously before her work permit expires in August?

Is her employer willing to obtain an approved LMIA? (although you're pretty short on time for this option)
Hey, thanks for reviving my old post. Her employer has done all the steps towards getting her a NAFTA visa, they have submitted the job offer to the Canadian government but now with the border restrictions we arent sure what to do. If we cannot apply at the POE where do we go to get the new work permit? Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot for your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey, thanks for reviving my old post. Her employer has done all the steps towards getting her a NAFTA visa, they have submitted the job offer to the Canadian government but now with the border restrictions we arent sure what to do. If we cannot apply at the POE where do we go to get the new work permit? Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot for your help.
You're right. Work permit applications are not accepted at the border right now due to COVID-19. That restriction is going to be in place at least until the end of July (possibly longer). She needs to apply for the work permit online. That's the only option at this time.

mdav922

Sep 4, 2018
You're right. Work permit applications are not accepted at the border right now due to COVID-19. That restriction is going to be in place at least until the end of July (possibly longer). She needs to apply for the work permit online. That's the only option at this time.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/apply.html

Is this the link we should use? Would she qualify for implied status if her existing IEC visa expires? Thanks again for your help.

margeshparmar

Feb 15, 2021
hello,
My friend is RN in Ontario. She has passed Nclex RN examination in Ontario. Does she can apply YES under certification of Qualification to get additinal 50 points for Express Entry ?