+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding

Ck_221

Oct 22, 2020
Hi, I have a query regarding timline of LMIA during lockdwn.My employer had applied for LMIA and got call for interview in which the officer said that they will process the LMIA application and conduct the interview once the lockdown is lifted.Are they not processing the LMIA applications during lockdown even if business comes under essential work ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I have a query regarding timline of LMIA during lockdwn.My employer had applied for LMIA and got call for interview in which the officer said that they will process the LMIA application and conduct the interview once the lockdown is lifted.Are they not processing the LMIA applications during lockdown even if business comes under essential work ?
They are processing LMIAs. However if an interview is required, it sounds like interviews are on hold until after the lock down is over. If that's the case, your LMIA application is going to be put on hold until the interview can be completed.

Ck_221

Oct 22, 2020
B
They are processing LMIAs. However if an interview is required, it sounds like interviews are on hold until after the lock down is over. If that's the case, your LMIA application is going to be put on hold until the interview can be completed.
But employer has got an email yesterday in which they said they will call today which they did but employer said the officer said that they postponed the interview until the lockdown is over.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
B

But employer has got an email yesterday in which they said they will call today which they did but employer said the officer said that they postponed the interview until the lockdown is over.
So your application is on hold until lockdown is over.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you have status in Canada at this point? Based on your previous posts it seemslike you entered Canada as visitors for the purpose of birth tourism and then were denied visitor extensions. Did you apply to restore your status? TRP? Overstaying is never a good idea and WP are harder to get while so many people are unemployed and many businesses are closed or have had to scale back. There are a few exceptions like healthcare workers. What sector/job are you applying for and is this consistent with your past work experience and education? Birth tourism does not ensure that families can remain in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
B

Given that covid levels are increasing it is really a fluid situation. They may have called and were determining whether a phone interview would be sufficient or an in person interview would be needed. Did they talk to your potential employer a little bit, ask if they were still open, etc. or did they only advise your employer that they would need an in person interview and say goodbye.