+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding to job duties --- please help!!!

yzyejc

Nov 3, 2013
I'm going to submit my cec application by noc 1241, secretary (my actual work is more like an admin assistant's, but my title is Secretary). However, among the job duties that CIC lists out, 4 of them are not performed by me: arrange meetings, record minutes, booking tickets and trips, and order and maintain office supplies.

I don't arrange meetings or record minutes because our company is really small. We have only 10 ppl all sitting in one tiny office, so meetings were never needed, and of course no one needs to record minutes then. Booking tickets and trips are normally done by another girl who performs as CEO's personal assistant. Ordering and maintaining office supplies are done by our HR.

But I do set up any bill payments or wires on our online banking, and I provide each day's accounting numbers to our Senior Accountant and VP Operation so that they can do their end of day reports. I believe these can also be considered as admin assistant's job, although they are not in the job duty list on NOC website.

So my questions are:
1, will my case be rejected because I don't perform every duty they listed out? What if I provide an explanation letter stating all the reasons?

2, can my boss include all those tasks that I do as admin assistant but are not listed on NOC website under job title 1241 in the employment letter? If he includes them, will they cause any trouble to my case?

Any response is helpful! Thank you!!!!

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
if you dont perform the major duties under your NOC code as per the lead statement then yes this will rise concerns for the VO processing your application and most likely will be rejected.the reference letter is an essential element for CEC applicants and VO depend a lot on it to determine your eligibility.
good luck