+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding removal of my husband name from PR application within Canada

Harpreet31

Mar 12, 2014
Hello
I just wanted to know the procedure of removal of my husband from my Permanent Resident application within Canada. The reasons are that since I applied for PR Application he is creating problem with his behavior When I got a request for a medical examination he took so long and he submitted his medical at the last moment when I went to India to request him to do that. Now I got another documents request from CIC , I tried to contact him (Call, text, email) and even my family member in India trying to contact with him he is not responding at all. He threaten my family if I will contact with any of his family member he will create problem so that i will not get my PR. I am so much frustrated from all of this he is getting PR without any effort. Now I want to remove his name from my file which I applied under Economic category (Provincial Nominee Program). What should I do??? Please help me.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have you legally separated or filed for divorce? I don't think it will be possible for you to remove your husband from the application unless you can prove to CIC that you have either legally separated or have filed for divorce. Otherwise he must be included in your application and he must go through the medical examination.

Harpreet31

Mar 12, 2014
Thanks For reply,

We have done the medical but the cic is asking for fingerprints too which my husband is not giving. So do I need to attach copy of divorce with my request letter to remove his name.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harpreet31 said:
Thanks For reply,

We have done the medical but the cic is asking for fingerprints too which my husband is not giving. So do I need to attach copy of divorce with my request letter to remove his name.
Yes, you need to divorce him if you want to take him off your file. Start by notifying immigration that you are getting a divorce and you will send proof as soon as you have it.

Harpreet31

Mar 12, 2014
I just wanted to know one more thing If I submit a certified copy of my Divorce petition to CIC after that how long it will take for my PR or they will wait for my divorce? I submitted my application in June 2013.

Reactions: mayoress

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
Harpreet31 said:
I just wanted to know one more thing If I submit a certified copy of my Divorce petition to CIC after that how long it will take for my PR or they will wait for my divorce? I submitted my application in June 2013.
The would wait for the divorce. The divorce petition can be withdrawn at any time, so it is not a final and binding document like the actual divorce decree