+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Quebec Health Card During Covid-19

AtulDureja

Dec 15, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Currently I am on my post graduate work permit and settled in Montreal for my job.

I wanted to know if anyone has recently applied for Quebec Health Card during on-going Covid-19 pandemic lockdown. My main concern is, do we really need to submit original documents via mail post to RAMQ office? They have asked me to send originals.

Thanks in advance.

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Currently I am on my post graduate work permit and settled in Montreal for my job.

I wanted to know if anyone has recently applied for Quebec Health Card during on-going Covid-19 pandemic lockdown. My main concern is, do we really need to submit original documents via mail post to RAMQ office? They have asked me to send originals.

Thanks in advance.
Since they have mentioned that docs have to be original on their official site https://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/citizens/health-insurance/pieces-id, it should be ok.

Use certified mail that requires signature and also i think you may have to send a return mail envelope too?

You're required to submit originals as they require it.

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
Call them. They told me that normally they need the original documents, but because of covid they need copies which won't be returned. It worked.

Reactions: AtulDureja

AtulDureja

Dec 15, 2020
Since they have mentioned that docs have to be original on their official site https://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/citizens/health-insurance/pieces-id, it should be ok.

Use certified mail that requires signature and also i think you may have to send a return mail envelope too?

You're required to submit originals as they require it.
I am really not in favor to take risks of sending my originals amidst pandemic when things are so uncertain. I would try calling them again and explaining it. I hope it works. Most probably, I will be sending some colorful photocopies and an explanation letter along.

Else, will go with what you suggested about certified mail. But I am still not sure if they will take the responsibility if my original documents get lost by any bad chance. It would be a huge trouble for me.

Thanks for answering :)

AtulDureja

Dec 15, 2020
Call them. They told me that normally they need the original documents, but because of covid they need copies which won't be returned. It worked.
Thank You Kostas. I really wanted to hear that.

Will be sending photocopies and I think it should be good.

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Thank You Kostas. I really wanted to hear that.

Will be sending photocopies and I think it should be good.

Make sure you call and update the office before sending the copies. For Kostas, seems like they agreed to accept copies and post that the docs were sent. Just ensuring your time and effort does not go wasted.

Reactions: AtulDureja

AtulDureja

Dec 15, 2020
Make sure you call and update the office before sending the copies. For Kostas, seems like they agreed to accept copies and post that the docs were sent. Just ensuring your time and effort does not go wasted.
First call tomorrow is gonna be to RAMQ office. Thank You.

AtulDureja

Dec 15, 2020
I would like to inform that:
- They never received my call
- I sent them the photo copies (It was good because there was no tracking of the mail and it took real long for it to reach them. No one should take chance like that with original documents)
- I received my Quebec Health Card finally