+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding My PR Application

LORDS1986

Jan 20, 2019
Hi All,

I applied for my PR about a year ago with my PGWP under the permit holder class but mistakenly went with the 'other' category. I did so because when it came to undergoing through my medical examination, all the medical offices were asking if l have a letter from immigration suggesting l do so for which l emphatically said no. As a result, I opted to go ahead with the other category under permit holder class.

I did realize that my canadian master's and over 2 years of after graduation work does qualify me for the canadian experience, however, I am kinda worried that the current pgwp which is due to expire next month Feb. 23/2019 might expire way before a decision is made by immigration. I have tried calling to talk to immigration but all my efforts are to no avail. More so, l am not even able to track the application on the online platform and worried my new secured job which l am due to start on Jan. 21/2019 might be jeopardized since l cannot even apply for a bridging work permit.

What do l do?

Jaykay101

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
This is a little bit confusing. Why won’t you be able to apply for a bridging work permit while your PR application is currently being processed ?