+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"refused admission to Canada" question on COPR paper

joriajoining

Oct 2, 2019
I landed in Toronto several weeks ago and I just realized that on my COPR landing paper, the answer to a question "Charged/Conviction of a crime or offense in any country, refused admission to Canada or required to leave Canada" might be problematic. The officer filled "yes" since I told him I have a working permit visa rejected online before...The officer signed the landing paper and told me that the PR card will be mailed in a few weeks though.

Has any of you have similar situation and had "yes" on this question?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why do you think it might be problematic? Honesty does not pay?

joriajoining

Oct 2, 2019
Why do you think it might be problematic? Honesty does not pay?
Since landing paper is an important document, not sure if this could cause confusion when applying citizenships. According to our understanding, refused admission to Canada more likely to mean being refused at the border, instead of when applying the visa.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I landed in Toronto several weeks ago and I just realized that on my COPR landing paper, the answer to a question "Charged/Conviction of a crime or offense in any country, refused admission to Canada or required to leave Canada" might be problematic. The officer filled "yes" since I told him I have a working permit visa rejected online before...The officer signed the landing paper and told me that the PR card will be mailed in a few weeks though.

As already answered in your now-deleted thread, it doesn't matter if it is Yes or No.

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016

You have had a similar question in the background declaration form. what did you answer to that?

joriajoining

Oct 2, 2019
You have had a similar question in the background declaration form. what did you answer to that?
The question in the background declaration form is "have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country" and my answer was "yes". But I think "refused admission" doesn't include "refused a visa or permit", that's why I'm confused

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
The question in the background declaration form is "have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country" and my answer was "yes". But I think "refused admission" doesn't include "refused a visa or permit", that's why I'm confused
So, you are good to go. don't be nervous

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Quick question , we do not need to mention about US visa refusals here right ? I know in another form it asks about refused admission to any country but in COPR it asks specific to Canada

Newbi123456

Aug 30, 2023

i am in a same situation like yours. It was just a student visa refusal earlier. I told that to the immigration and they marked it yes. Although as per my understanding visa refusal and denied admission aren't the same thing. Whats your update brother ? Is there any problems you faced later?

Newbi123456

Aug 30, 2023
am in a same situation like yours. It was just a student visa refusal earlier. I told that to the immigration and they marked it yes. Although as per my understanding visa refusal and denied admission aren't the same thing. Whats your update brother ? Is there any problems you faced later?