+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal of spouse visa

Ridhibd00

Jan 6, 2022
You have not adequately demonstrated that your spouse is currently enrolled in full time studies and that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

I refused for this reason for the first time. Then I reapplied again. It has been one month but still, now I'm not getting any email. Does anyone have any idea how much time will need to get this result?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You have not adequately demonstrated that your spouse is currently enrolled in full time studies and that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

I refused for this reason for the first time. Then I reapplied again. It has been one month but still, now I'm not getting any email. Does anyone have any idea how much time will need to get this result?
It's hard to say without knowing which country you applied from. It's not unusual for processing to take several months.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
First time I got an email in one month
Current processing times are around 3.5 months right now. So it's normal that you haven't heard anything yet.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Would add that a spouse is not guaranteed a visa or permit when their spouse is an international student. Did you recently get married? Did you apply for a TRV or an OWP (often referred to as SOWP)? Are you trying to visit your husband or live with him in Canada?

Ridhibd00

Jan 6, 2022
Would add that a spouse is not guaranteed a visa or permit when their spouse is an international student. Did you recently get married? Did you apply for a TRV or an OWP (often referred to as SOWP)? Are you trying to visit your husband or live with him in Canada?
I got married on 3rd January of 2021 then he applied for me on 25 October 2021. After completing the biometric I got a refusal for this season which I mentioned. then I reapplied on 19 December. I applied for a OWP

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got married on 3rd January of 2021 then he applied for me on 25 October 2021. After completing the biometric I got a refusal for this season which I mentioned. then I reapplied on 19 December. I applied for a OWP
Has your spouse been in Canada since you got married or were you able to live together for many months after you got married? What type of studies is he doing and when do his studies end?

Ridhibd00

Jan 6, 2022
He went to Canada after marriage like he got married on 3rd January 2021 and went on 20 January 2021. He is a student at Regina University and his subject is computer science. Her graduation will complete on 2023

Ridhibd00

Jan 6, 2022
I applied through a lawyer. But the lawyer didn’t notice the enrolment the letter was expired. Then he reapplied again with new enrollment letter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He went to Canada after marriage like he got married on 3rd January 2021 and went on 20 January 2021. He is a student at Regina University and his subject is computer science. Her graduation will complete on 2023
There isn’t a need to pay a lawyer you can actually do this yourself. If he is doing a masters degree approval rates are higher. Canada prefers when a couple has spent time in person. I assume you didn’t live together and did not date like a westerner where you have lots of proof of time spent together at parties, on vacation, etc. Unfortunately there is a problem with immigration fraud where people get married once someone has secured their study permit and then they sponsor their new spouse. You didn’t apply right away which is a good thing. The fact that he is doing a university degree is also a good thing for your application. OWP can take close to 6 months sometimes so it will take some time. It was actually lucky that someone noticed that the enrolment date was expired after a month because it could have only been discovered after many months and refused after waiting for 6 months. Best of luck.

Ridhibd00

Jan 6, 2022
There isn’t a need to pay a lawyer you can actually do this yourself. If he is doing a masters degree approval rates are higher. Canada prefers when a couple has spent time in person. I assume you didn’t live together and did not date like a westerner where you have lots of proof of time spent together at parties, on vacation, etc. Unfortunately there is a problem with immigration fraud where people get married once someone has secured their study permit and then they sponsor their new spouse. You didn’t apply right away which is a good thing. The fact that he is doing a university degree is also a good thing for your application. OWP can take close to 6 months sometimes so it will take some time. It was actually lucky that someone noticed that the enrolment date was expired after a month because it could have only been discovered after many months and refused after waiting for 6 months. Best of luck.
Thank you so much for your reply