+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugees from Syria

gkar68

Feb 17, 2010
I am trying to private sponsor my family from Syria.
I applied as private sponsor through Catholic Social Service.
I applied in March and I received a confirmation in April.

But no body called my parents who are staying now in Lebanon.
in October my parents had to change their address, and their phone, so we sent many and many emails to the embassy to change the phone, and I didn't receive any confirmation back that they changed it.
Now we are coming to december and my parents didn't receive any call at all.
I know that many people who applied in August and September got their second interview and their medical exam , and my parents didn't get any call and no body called them.
I called the Catholic Social service and after almost a fight , the employee replied to me and said that she received an email saying that the embassy tried to call my parents but with no success.
But they tried to call the correct number (the new number) which I am surprised because I call my parents on that number almost once every two weeks and I never had a problem.
I sent again to the embassy for the new number, and I didn't hear anything yet, and no body called my parents yet.
What Can I do?

I am so desperate and don't know what to do

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First I suggest you cool it a little so you can think better. Definitely don't fight with the Catholic Society no one bites the hand that feeds them!

Second the embassy is probably super overwhelmed, all you can do right now is to wait for them to respond. Just because other people received a response doesn't mean you will too (CIC works in a weird way sometimes). I suggest you get a copy of the email the Catholic Social service received, attach it to an email and send it to the embassy in Lebanon and ask them to attempt to call the phone number you provided again. Be extremely polite in the email.

Good luck

MADAYA

Nov 10, 2015
Hi there
I will share my experience with you.
I am Syrian who lives in Canada. I applied to sposor my brother and his Family.
My lawyer did not mention the phone number of my brother in Lebanon.
So after we got the sposorship undertaking approved, I opened the application for review and I noticed that the phone number of my brother was missing.
I contacted my lawyer and he told me that he will email CIC. As well as he encourge me to send my brother to the embassy of Canada in Lebanon to try and update the Information on his file and he was able to add his number to the file.
He finally got a phone call 4 weeks after for an interview.