+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Social Assistance

HannahZen

Sep 25, 2023
Hello. I came to Canada with a visitor visa and sought asylum because I could not get back to my country due to fear of persecution. I have not yet heard from the ICRC for two months now. No job and income because no work permit yet. I have ran out of money. What is the best course of action I should take? Helpful tips much appreciated. Thanks.

Newday8765

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
Hello. I came to Canada with a visitor visa and sought asylum because I could not get back to my country due to fear of persecution. I have not yet heard from the ICRC for two months now. No job and income because no work permit yet. I have ran out of money. What is the best course of action I should take? Helpful tips much appreciated. Thanks.
Did you receive AoR when you applied for asylum? If so, contact the Ministry of Social Development in your province and as you might be eligible for monthly assistance from the ministry.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You are not a refugee. You claimed asylum so federal assistance programs are not available. So what is your status? Received AOR? What province?

HannahZen

Sep 25, 2023
Did you receive AoR when you applied for asylum? If so, contact the Ministry of Social Development in your province and as you might be eligible for monthly assistance from the ministry.
i received acknowledgement of claim, and i did medical too.

tasase

Oct 9, 2023
mine was submitted in June and I just got the work permit. So you should be getting it soon too. Did you make a claim at the airport or inland?