+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee or assylum process for a member of LGBT.

ubaidrana

Oct 18, 2022
Hi there, I want to get information about a gay. One of my friends resident of Pakistan and he is in gay relationship with me since 2019. I am currently holding a citizenship of Canada. He wants to apply assylum or refugee because it's prohibited in Pakistan to be a gay and we both want to spend a time with each other in a gay relationship together. Can anybody help me in this regard how can he come to Canada. I have already sent an invitation letter from Canada for his visitor visa but it's still pending. Now we want to try assylum or refuge on the basis of gay relationship. Please need serious and valid advice from everyone

ubaidrana

Oct 18, 2022
Because this was for visitor visa. And I am told that visitor visas are not being issued to Pakistan now a days and if something is lucky enough to get then it takes almost 7-8 months so we are look forward to another option if visitor visa is not granted then what should we do? Kindly guide us

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Because this was for visitor visa. And I am told that visitor visas are not being issued to Pakistan now a days and if something is lucky enough to get then it takes almost 7-8 months so we are look forward to another option if visitor visa is not granted then what should we do? Kindly guide us
A TRV (or work permit or study permit) is really the only option if he wants to come to Canada and claim refugee status here. He needs to get to Canada physically if he wants to claim asylum here. Work permits require job offers and LMIAs and are very difficult to get. Study permits require the applicant to show $25k plus in savings. The TRV is the easiest option of the three.

If you have been in a relationship with him for some time, have visited him and spent time with him in person and can show a marriage-like relationship, then it may be possible for you to try to sponsor him as your conjugal partner. This process will most likely take at least a year and you will need to provide evidence in your application to show that your relationship is genuine and meets the conjugal definition.

Reactions: Yelsew

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can I arrange job offer for him? If yes then what's the process?
You can try. It's not an easy or short process but you can certainly try.

The first step is to find an employer who is willing to offer him a full time job in Canada and also go through the LMIA process. This obviously has to be a read job offer / genuine company - it can't be something that was made up for the purpose of getting the work permit. The job must also be related to his previous work experience and/or education - or IRCC will most likely refuse the work permit. So it is important for the job in Canada to be in his field / the occupation he is already working in. If you find an employer, that employer will have to go through something called the LMIA process which requires them to advertise the job in Canada for at least a month to prove no Canadian could be hired for the role, pay a $1000 fee, and then submit the LMIA application for processing and hope it is approved. It takes a number of months for the LMIA application to be processed. If the LMIA is approved, your partner would then apply for a work permit (separate application with separate fees) and then wait a number of additional months for the work permit to be processed.

You can read more about the LMIA requirements here. Again, this is the process the employer will need to go through.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/high/requirements.html