+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee claiment to LMIA

Selva905

Apr 29, 2022
Why are you considering withdrawing your appeal before high court prior to final determination?
I'm already here in Canada around 5 years and my family ( wife and daughter) in back home and also I don't believe my federal appeal will come positive so I decided to leave Canada. Before leaving Canada I can try for LMIA or PNP that's why I ask this question

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'm already here in Canada around 5 years and my family ( wife and daughter) in back home and also I don't believe my federal appeal will come positive so I decided to leave Canada. Before leaving Canada I can try for LMIA or PNP that's why I ask this question
Sorry to hear your struggle, I know it is tough 5yrs without your spouse and child. Unfortunately LMIA and PNP is not an option. Any idea when they will decide your appeal?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you arrive in Canada and apply for asylum right away or did you work or study before applying for asylum? What is the feedback from your lawyer about your chances of JR or chances of being able to remain in Canada long term? Do you come from a country where there is a high percentage of asylum claims approved? Have you looked to see what express entry programs you may qualify for? How old are you, how many post secondary degrees do you have and what is your IELTS score? Do you have experience working in some of the fields
In demand in Canada? You mentioned a small business. Are you the only employee? Is it profitable? How long have you been running the business? Have you been financially self-sufficient while you’ve been in Canada?

Selva905

Apr 29, 2022
Did you arrive in Canada and apply for asylum right away or did you work or study before applying for asylum? What is the feedback from your lawyer about your chances of JR or chances of being able to remain in Canada long term? Do you come from a country where there is a high percentage of asylum claims approved? Have you looked to see what express entry programs you may qualify for? How old are you, how many post secondary degrees do you have and what is your IELTS score? Do you have experience working in some of the fields
In demand in Canada? You mentioned a small business. Are you the only employee? Is it profitable? How long have you been running the business? Have you been financially self-sufficient while you’ve been in Canada?
1)MBA graduate(UK)
2)age 34
3)shell gas station manager 2013-2016(UK)
4)Indian
5)I'm doing maintenance and cleaning service business(incorporated)
6)6 employees working but not in payroll

Selva905

Apr 29, 2022
1)MBA graduate(UK)
2)age 34
4)Indian
I applied asylum strictly I haven't worked or study in Canada before asylum

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I applied asylum strictly I haven't worked or study in Canada before asylum
Elaborate a bit more on # 5 & 6
You mentioned you were incorporated. You have employees but not in payroll.
That doesn’t make sense .
Employees & payroll go hand in hand .
How are they being compensated? If they are working for you under the corporation, you’d be submitting payroll taxes and issuing T4 at the end of the year . As well filing a T2 for this corporation
If they are subcontractors, you’d be issuing T4A to track the remuneration given to them.
If they are actually employees and you’re treating them as subcontractors, that’s even worse .
The classification of individuals working , being treated as employees , but being treated as subcontractors is looked upon extremely dimly by the Government.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1)MBA graduate(UK)
2)age 34
4)Indian
I don't understand what you mean by the 6 employees working but not on payroll. If you mean that they are working under the table / for cash, that doesn't help you in any way. You aren't going to be able to get an LMIA for this business.

Ultimately, you need to leave Canada if you want to apply for PR under an economic immigration stream like PNP. You can't apply for PNP from within Canada with the status you have now. Once you leave Canada, you need to be prepared to be outside of Canada for several years while the application is processed.

If you don't want to leave Canada, then you need to continue with the refugee application and appeal.

Good luck.

Reactions: Simba112

ziakhan111

May 3, 2023
Dear All please guide me I am refugee Claimant and Moving To Northwest Terrotries for Work as Senior Cargo Agent in Yellowknife Airport how will it effect my case and is there any chance of reducing time in Hearing please guide me I will be very thankful to you ❤.