+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee claimant got PR through wife sponsorship but still got hearing date

MAX_KAYLER

Oct 15, 2021
Hello Everyone !
My question is I applied for Refugee claimant after one year of my wife , she passed her hearing and included me in her PR application , because of her sponsorship I was as dependent in her application , i got my PR , but now I received my hearing date , Do I have to appear for hearing or I have to tell them that I already got my PR ? I am confused here ?Can I withdraw my claim as I already got my PR or what should I do??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone !
My question is I applied for Refugee claimant after one year of my wife , she passed her hearing and included me in her PR application , because of her sponsorship I was as dependent in her application , i got my PR , but now I received my hearing date , Do I have to appear for hearing or I have to tell them that I already got my PR ? I am confused here ?Can I withdraw my claim as I already got my PR or what should I do??
Did you not withdraw your claim when you got PR? You were required to do so or else processing and work continues.

Ghetta223

Oct 21, 2021
Hello Everyone !
[/QUO

Ghetta223

Oct 21, 2021
there is a form online on immigration website to withdraw your application for refugee status. Withdraw your application immediately

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For others that may be in a similar situation please withdraw other applications if you secured status. A lot of resources go into processing applications so processing applications unnecessarily delays other applicants and costs taxpayers money.

elkapelka

Star Member
Nov 27, 2021
For others that may be in a similar situation please withdraw other applications if you secured status. A lot of resources go into processing applications so processing applications unnecessarily delays other applicants and costs taxpayers money.

Plus ask yourselves why be a refugee and not have the ability to travel to your home country if you already have the status?