+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee claimant from Inside Canada.

Birdbox

Jan 1, 2021
Hello, can I make a refugee claimant after a month of my arrival? I was thinking to go back but due to some political and family issues I can’t go back anymore. Is there still time to make it ? Can anyone help ?

Reactions: Majidksa2013

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, can I make a refugee claimant after a month of my arrival? I was thinking to go back but due to some political and family issues I can’t go back anymore. Is there still time to make it ? Can anyone help ?
Would make sure you consult with a lawyer (a few would be better) because applying for asylum has huge consequences even if you are approved and should always be the last resort. Would be looking up approval statistics from your country of origin and based on the origin of your claim. Yes you can make a claim after you have been in Canada. Wouldn't delay applying for a long time but please do your due diligence before.

Reactions: Birdbox

Birdbox

Jan 1, 2021
Would make sure you consult with a lawyer (a few would be better) because applying for asylum has huge consequences even if you are approved and should always be the last resort. Would be looking up approval statistics from your country of origin and based on the origin of your claim. Yes you can make a claim after you have been in Canada. Wouldn't delay applying for a long time but please do your due diligence before.
Thanks really appreciate it. I will consult definitely. As this is my last resource. If possible to back in my county I will and wouldn’t go for this process.