10-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
Hello,
One of my employers has not mentioned the duties on the verification letter. However, I have the duties and responsibilities as a separate document when I received my employment letter before starting the job. Can I use this document in place of the missing duties on the reference letter. I also have the email conversation asking for the duties on the letter along with a draft of the letter for their convenience. I got a reply stating "This is our standard verification letter". I can attach my bank statements, recent pay stub and the ROE as well. I am worried if this would be accepted by CIC. Please advice what to do?

ssiddharthsuresh

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
Can someone please help me in this regard?

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
ssiddharthsuresh said:
Hello,
One of my employers has not mentioned the duties on the verification letter. However, I have the duties and responsibilities as a separate document when I received my employment letter before starting the job. Can I use this document in place of the missing duties on the reference letter. I also have the email conversation asking for the duties on the letter along with a draft of the letter for their convenience. I got a reply stating "This is our standard verification letter". I can attach my bank statements, recent pay stub and the ROE as well. I am worried if this would be accepted by CIC. Please advice what to do?
In case of my employment letter, the employer refused to mention the number of hours per week and the salary related information. Undaunted, I went ahead and attached all the letters you quoted above along with a letter of explanation stating my problem.

I haven't received my PPR yet, but on my GCMS notes, the agent has clearly mentioned that he is convinced with the work experience and the letter seemed sufficient for him.

All the best.

ssiddharthsuresh

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
GokulGuruprasad said:
In case of my employment letter, the employer refused to mention the number of hours per week and the salary related information. Undaunted, I went ahead and attached all the letters you quoted above along with a letter of explanation stating my problem.

I haven't received my PPR yet, but on my GCMS notes, the agent has clearly mentioned that he is convinced with the work experience and the letter seemed sufficient for him.

All the best.
Thanks Gokul, The employer has mentioned the hours worked and the salary offered per hour on the letter. Since the employment was terminated due to shortage of work, this reason is mentioned on the letter as well. When applying or sending the documents after ITA, should the letter be a recent one or as in my case, can it be issued a few months before I receive ITA?

canvisaforhim

Mar 20, 2016
Reading this forum, I somehow feel that Indian applicants face maximum trouble getting the necessary work experience letters.. Lousy bosses are so reluctant..Working conditions are pathetic in India it seems!

ssiddharthsuresh

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
canvisaforhim said:
Reading this forum, I somehow feel that Indian applicants face maximum trouble getting the necessary work experience letters.. Lousy bosses are so reluctant..Working conditions are pathetic in India it seems!
This is Canadian Experience where I worked for a small laboratory with an East-Indian boss. I never thought I would go through so much hassle working in Canada. I know that job description is essential for CIC. Just keeping my fingers crossed and wishing this wouldn't cause any problems. With a masters degree from Canada, it was really tough for me to get 52 weeks of work experience, which I somehow managed through a couple of contract positions. With my work permit expiring February 2017, I need to buckle up, brace myself and hope that the crs scores would come down and my application process would go smoothly.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
ssiddharthsuresh said:
Thanks Gokul, The employer has mentioned the hours worked and the salary offered per hour on the letter. Since the employment was terminated due to shortage of work, this reason is mentioned on the letter as well. When applying or sending the documents after ITA, should the letter be a recent one or as in my case, can it be issued a few months before I receive ITA?
A letter can be issued at any point after you leave that job. Date would not be an issue.

ssiddharthsuresh

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
For one of the jobs, I have a reference letter that was issued while I was in the contract, doing the job. That letter states that I am working full-time of 40 hours/week and that my contract is for a specific period. It also states my Salary, position/title and my duties and responsibilities. Can I use this as the verification letter? It also states on the letter that this is in reference to my SINP application last year.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ssiddharthsuresh said:
For one of the jobs, I have a reference letter that was issued while I was in the contract, doing the job. That letter states that I am working full-time of 40 hours/week and that my contract is for a specific period. It also states my Salary, position/title and my duties and responsibilities. Can I use this as the verification letter? It also states on the letter that this is in reference to my SINP application last year.
It would be better to get a new letter. The date does matter, in that you will only get credit up until the date of the letter. If you continued to work after the letter was written and you need the extra time to qualify, you will need a new letter.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ssiddharthsuresh said:
This is not ideal, because the letter written before you started is not considered proof of work actually done. However, since you did make an effort to get a letter with the duties, and you have proof (the email response), you can write a letter of explanation and include that with your Letter of Employment.

ssiddharthsuresh

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
jes_ON said:
It would be better to get a new letter. The date does matter, in that you will only get credit up until the date of the letter. If you continued to work after the letter was written and you need the extra time to qualify, you will need a new letter.
Can I attach my Record of Employment to show that I worked for the rest of the period stated on the letter? The letter states the starting and ending period of my contract and says I was working there. Will this information suffice?