+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Red seal examination (cirtificate of qualification) for plumber trade.

NAVSANGEET

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Hello ,
My name is Navsangeet singh. I am looking for federal skilled trade program . I have 4 + years of experience in plumber trade and one year cirtificate course from my home country. The thing which make we eligible for this category is job offer from Canadian employer or cirtificate of qualification from any province. Upon research, i came to know that plumber trade is compulsory in canada expect 2-3 provinces. I searched job vacancies, most of emloyers are demanding red seal cirtificate. Now i am planning to give red seal exam (cirtificate of qualification). If i get invitation from any province to give the exam , i will have to file visitor visa. But i have 4 study visa refusal in my past. Will those refusal shed negative effect on my visitor visa? The thing is to immigrate to canada and to work there the only step is red seal cirtificate. Show how to convince officer?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello ,
My name is Navsangeet singh. I am looking for federal skilled trade program . I have 4 + years of experience in plumber trade and one year cirtificate course from my home country. The thing which make we eligible for this category is job offer from Canadian employer or cirtificate of qualification from any province. Upon research, i came to know that plumber trade is compulsory in canada expect 2-3 provinces. I searched job vacancies, most of emloyers are demanding red seal cirtificate. Now i am planning to give red seal exam (cirtificate of qualification). If i get invitation from any province to give the exam , i will have to file visitor visa. But i have 4 study visa refusal in my past. Will those refusal shed negative effect on my visitor visa? The thing is to immigrate to canada and to work there the only step is red seal cirtificate. Show how to convince officer?
You have to declare the 4 refusals in your application. To get a TRV you want to show funds to afford your visit, travel history and ties to home country (job letter with approved leave, business registration, investment properties) etc. Do you have 67 points to be eligible for Express Entry based on your ECA and IELTS?

NAVSANGEET

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Without cirtificate of qualification or job offer. I am lackinh only ten points.
In federal skilled trade program, we need either job offer or cirtificate of qualification.
One is mandatory.
But sometimes we also need cirtificate of qualification which is a type of licence to work in trade in canada.
I have clb 7
I have property also in my home country. It is on my fathers name.
I have job also and the firm is registered.
I also have funds.
But i dont have any travel history out of my country.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Without cirtificate of qualification or job offer. I am lackinh only ten points.
In federal skilled trade program, we need either job offer or cirtificate of qualification.
One is mandatory.
But sometimes we also need cirtificate of qualification which is a type of licence to work in trade in canada.
I have clb 7
I have property also in my home country. It is on my fathers name.
I have job also and the firm is registered.
I also have funds.
But i dont have any travel history out of my country.
But what is your current eligibility score? I know about certificates/licensing, and a certificate of qualification doesn’t give you eligibility points. For FST and job offer, you need a job offer with LMIA. Will you have 67 points with just the certification, as there hasn’t been a FST only draw in years? And then is your CRS score over 480?

So you apply showing you have the funds for a visit with your job letter and approved leave. Property is not relevant because it is not yours nor a tie. Can’t say if you will be approved. Saying you are coming for red seal exam may lead to refusal because IRCC will know you want to work in Canada.

NAVSANGEET

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
My current score without job offer is 427.
Cirtificate of qualification gives me 50
points.
I know there has no draw for fst.
But i might be eligible for Saskatchewan pnp also. For pnp i need cirtificate of qualification.
If i go through work permit i also need license to work in my trade.
In British Columbia manitoba and newfound land . Working in plumber trade is vounltry. But in Saskatchewan we need lisence to work.
So doors for canada is closed for me with cirtificate of qualification.
How to prepare step by step ?
What steps do i need to make my profile strong?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My current score without job offer is 427.
Cirtificate of qualification gives me 50
points.
I know there has no draw for fst.
But i might be eligible for Saskatchewan pnp also. For pnp i need cirtificate of qualification.
If i go through work permit i also need license to work in my trade.
In British Columbia manitoba and newfound land . Working in plumber trade is vounltry. But in Saskatchewan we need lisence to work.
So doors for canada is closed for me with cirtificate of qualification.
How to prepare step by step ?
What steps do i need to make my profile strong?
So you are not eligible for Express Entry if your eligibility score is 50 with your ECA and IELTS. You need at least 67 ponts. CRS score is not relevant if not eligible for EE. For SINP, you still need an SINP score of 50 (even without certification). Do you have that? And check when your NOC was last selected and a what score?

Already told you what you need to do to get a TRV. You need to apply and see what happens. Saying you are coming to Canada to take a red seal exam is a red flag as IRCC will be concerned you will not leave. Have you paid for and set up an exam time?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Isn't the Six Selection Factors score only required for FSW, not FST?
Right but if he even wants to get his profile in the pool right now, he needs 67 points. To be eligible for SINP, he needs at least 50 points plus certification. Getting an approved TRV without a strong profile may be a challenge.