+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

record of employment. what is that?

poohta

Feb 5, 2015
Record of employment is issued by company and submitted to Service Canada.
All emloyees must be received record of employment when the contract has been finished.
Unfortunately, many companies do not take this process, that's why we do not know the record of emloyment.

I am a ITA receiver and need to get record of employment, but I do not know what should I do.....

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
poohta said:
Record of employment is issued by company and submitted to Service Canada.
All emloyees must be received record of employment when the contract has been finished.
Unfortunately, many companies do not take this process, that's why we do not know the record of emloyment.

I am a ITA receiver and need to get record of employment, but I do not know what should I do.....
Is record of employment mandatory? I knew T4, Reference letter, NOA is enough. Did they tell you specifically to upload record of employment ??

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
I think T4 would do

poohta

Feb 5, 2015
I am not sure. I have received a personal checklist after ITA and I was asked to upload the record of employment. I am not sure if I can just upload T4 and notice of assesment.. Is anyone here who alreay upload these documents instead of record of employment????? I will upload a reference letter as a letter of employment.
I need to upload 3 documents, emloyment record, offer of employment and letter of employment.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
poohta said:
I am not sure. I have received a personal checklist after ITA and I was asked to upload the record of employment. I am not sure if I can just upload T4 and notice of assesment.. Is anyone here who alreay upload these documents instead of record of employment????? I will upload a reference letter as a letter of employment.
I need to upload 3 documents, emloyment record, offer of employment and letter of employment.
Employment Record should include Reference letter, payslips etc.,
Check out the help beside the document names

You must provide proof of each of your current and previous work experiences.

Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.

The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

You must scan all documents for this work experience and save them as one file. (Each work experience requires a separate file.)

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
What's the difference between Offer of Employment and Letter of Employment. CIC wants one of each whereas they want employment records for every job.

poohta

Feb 5, 2015
Offer of employment is a offer letter issued by company before you sign the contract.

Letter of employment is a refference letter

Record of employment is issued by company and submitted to Service canada and you should receive a copy from the company.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
mazamilam said:
What's the difference between Offer of Employment and Letter of Employment. CIC wants one of each whereas they want employment records for every job.
Offer of employment is straight forward. You must of got it while you were offered job.

Letter of Employment should include

Details like Type of job (Perm), Salary, Designation, from when you have been working, benefits and finally signed by HR(requesting CIC to contact in case of any clarifications)

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
poohta said:
Offer of employment is a offer letter issued by company before you sign the contract.

Letter of employment is a refference letter

Record of employment is issued by company and submitted to Service canada and you should receive a copy from the company.
I doubt your understanding on Record of employment. This was requested for my previous employers from India who doesn't have any connection with Service Canada.

Moreover, the Employment Record help says the below

"You must provide proof of each of your current and previous work experiences.

Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available.

The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

You must scan all documents for this work experience and save them as one file. (Each work experience requires a separate file.)"

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Intocanada said:
I doubt your understanding on Record of employment. This was requested for my previous employers from India who doesn't have any connection with Service Canada.

Moreover, the Employment Record help says the below

"You must provide proof of each of your current and previous work experiences.

The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

You must scan all documents for this work experience and save them as one file. (Each work experience requires a separate file.)"
That's the reason I am confused between the two. I know what the offer of employment is. I think the letter of employment and employment records are the same thing. Please correct me if I am wrong.

poohta

Feb 5, 2015
have you guys already submitted the application form adn required documents?
I have a friend using consultant for PR, she was not asked to proved ROE( record of employment) from the consultant and I think they would submit T4, paystub and NOA as the record of employment.