+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

recieved acknowledgement

Silver77

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
Hello, I applied citizenship end of August (2013) from Montreal. I haven't received any acknowledgement letter.

I am wondering how long it takes to receive a letter and study guide?

and how can I check my status on cic website? I just have receipt number.

Please advise.

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Silver77 said:
Hello, I applied citizenship end of August (2013) from Montreal. I haven't received any acknowledgement letter.

I am wondering how long it takes to receive a letter and study guide?

and how can I check my status on cic website? I just have receipt number.

Please advise.
you can use the client ID which is at the PR card ID xxxx-xxxx and you can use the PR card number at the back of the card PAXXXXX

Silver77

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
Thank you for the information however I checked with both client number and ID no. seen on PR card I couldn't reach any information.

It means CIC hasnt started processing my application yet ?

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Silver77 said:
Thank you for the information however I checked with both client number and ID no. seen on PR card I couldn't reach any information.

It means CIC hasnt started processing my application yet ?
yes it is strange as I applied in August and I can see the ecase even though I didn't received the acknowledge letter in the mail maybe because its the holiday season and there will usually backlog , so I think you should call them ( CIC call centre ) as they are processing application received on Sep 21
if your application incomplete for missing documents like school record for your self or dependent children or Bio page of all the passport with in the last 4 years , it will be return to you with in 40-50 days from the date you sent the application .
I wonder if you sent the application using normal mail or register mail as the register mail you can track your package if they really received or not unlike the normal mail which in some case may got lost .

Silver77

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
I think I made a mistake to send them with regular mail. I forget to sent it with registered mail.

If I need to send the application again on december.

Do I need to modify the application or can send the same dates?

Saloo

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Silver77 said:
I think I made a mistake to send them with regular mail. I forget to sent it with registered mail.

If I need to send the application again on december.

Do I need to modify the application or can send the same dates?
I think you should use new application with new dates , even you have to use new citizenship forms dated with 9-2013 as the previous application form date 2-2013 there is no change on the form it self but they issue new version from time to time as the old one may have some typo , make sure to use the application form from the website and not the one saved at your PC as it maybe outdate and they can sent it back as incomplete application because you use outdated application form.
before sending new application try to call them first and see if they received your application or not but if you don't have tracking number for you package it is more likely they will answer you that it get lost in the mail.

Silver77

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
I am trying to talkk with cic agent . I am calling 1888 242 2100 .Before I know the extension talking directly for
citizenship application but I forget the extension number.

Does anyone knows what is easy way to reach the agent?