+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recently Landed as PR. Exemption from Quarantine - Essential Work, Possible?

CaptainPilot

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
I recently landed at YYZ. I'm partially vaccinated and awaiting my second shot. As per Government of Canada rules, I was required to enter quarantine for the next 24 days.

I am scheduled to start work for a Medical Patient Transport company which is currently considered essential in Ontario. Is it possible to request an exemption from quarantine to start work earlier?

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
I recently landed at YYZ. I'm partially vaccinated and awaiting my second shot. As per Government of Canada rules, I was required to enter quarantine for the next 24 days.

I am scheduled to start work for a Medical Patient Transport company which is currently considered essential in Ontario. Is it possible to request an exemption from quarantine to start work earlier?
No. If unvaccinated, you can only break quarantine for medical reasons or if you got approval from a medical officer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

14 days. No medical transport company will want you transporting vulnerable people if there is a chance you have covid and haven’t completed your quarantine period. I’m surprised that you don’t need to be fully vaccinated to do the job.

Reactions: cjr

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
14 days. No medical transport company will want you transporting vulnerable people if there is a chance you have covid and haven’t completed your quarantine period. I’m surprised that you don’t need to be fully vaccinated to do the job.
Not sure about Ontario but most medical staff needed to be fully vaccinated in my province. You better check with your employer.