+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recently got the treatment for ulcerative colitis will this affect my chances of PR

insiaahmed

Jun 3, 2018
Hi

I have been in Canada since 2015. I came as an international student and am in post graduate work permit. I have got sufficient points for Permanent Residence. But unfortunately I got hospitalized few months back due to sudden pain which turn out to be ulcerative colitis. I got the treatment and have started my regular work. I just wanted to know that will this reduce or any how affect my chances of getting PR. Because I will have to disclose about it during my medical examination.

Thanking you in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes it may cause a problem. Due to the fact that Humira will soon become generic and the medical burden amount has been increased your chances are much better than they were a few months ago.

insiaahmed

Jun 3, 2018
Yes it may cause a problem. Due to the fact that Humira will soon become generic and the medical burden amount has been increased your chances are much better than they were a few months ago.
HI
Thank you so much for your reply so I was just wondering if I should apply after a year or you think I shouldnt apply for PR at all or can you say the percentage of chances of getting rejected if applied now..Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should do your research about your mediation and their cost. Each province post their formulary online. I would look into all these things before making a decision.

GBro

Aug 4, 2018
Hi

I have been in Canada since 2015. I came as an international student and am in post graduate work permit. I have got sufficient points for Permanent Residence. But unfortunately I got hospitalized few months back due to sudden pain which turn out to be ulcerative colitis. I got the treatment and have started my regular work. I just wanted to know that will this reduce or any how affect my chances of getting PR. Because I will have to disclose about it during my medical examination.

Thanking you in advance
Sorry to know about your condition! Maybe I can share my experience with you as I am also looking for answers.

I got ITA on May 23rd and submitted my documents on June 13th. I was asked for more documents regarding my rheumatoid arthritis and Humira which I started 2 months before applying for PR. I was asked for two documents, first on June 15th and second on June 29th. I have submitted the required documents immediately. I have high points (486), with a valid job offer. I am applying for express entry from Alberta where I currently reside.

According to the new mandate, my annual drug cost is under the max limit of 19,600 CAD/annum. Insurance through my employer pays 80% of the Humira cost. Rest 20% are covered by Abbvie under their patient support program.

I am still waiting for the medical clearance and the suspense is killing me!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry to know about your condition! Maybe I can share my experience with you as I am also looking for answers.

I got ITA on May 23rd and submitted my documents on June 13th. I was asked for more documents regarding my rheumatoid arthritis and Humira which I started 2 months before applying for PR. I was asked for two documents, first on June 15th and second on June 29th. I have submitted the required documents immediately. I have high points (486), with a valid job offer. I am applying for express entry from Alberta where I currently reside.

According to the new mandate, my annual drug cost is under the max limit of 19,600 CAD/annum. Insurance through my employer pays 80% of the Humira cost. Rest 20% are covered by Abbvie under their patient support program.

They don't using factor in access to extended benefits because you can easily lose them. Best of luck. I'm curious to see what will happen as well.

CTinny

Jan 1, 2020
Hi guys,
I know this has been some time since the above postings, but I would be interested the hear of any updates on the above?

Thanks

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

attention, when it comes to any additional insurance / benefits, they will not be taken into consideration. It is because you can loose your job or just your benefits and nobody can force you to take a private insurance. They are always checking worst case scenario (you being unemployed and using the provincial health insurance).

Tahir145

Sep 21, 2019

Hi Dear - Could you please tell us whether you got the PR with this disease?

Tahir145

Sep 21, 2019
Hi

Thanking you in advance
Hi Dear - I know it is a very old post. Could you please advise whether you got the PR and if yes how you got through it?

Darshil shah

Apr 9, 2019
Thats the problem here if someone asks for question and they dont give any update later ..! This is really not good be kind and help everyone out as all are coming with same hope

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Thats the problem here if someone asks for question and they dont give any update later ..! This is really not good be kind and help everyone out as all are coming with same hope
Look up this thread, I think people with UC eventually got PR (according to the posts I have seen while browsing it):

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-cases-with-medical-issues-ulcerative-colitis-crohns.651460/

P.S. This is a wrong sub forum for medical inadmissibility inquiries. This forum is for PRs who are in breach of RO, or those asking how to be in compliance with RO. Medical inadmissibility questions belong to other sub forums, not for PRs but for those who want to become PRs and may have health rlated inadmissibility issues.