+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recent tb patient

aida_1008

Oct 31, 2019
I applied for a student visa last march and just finished my medication last September, it resulted to a scar, and will have to wait for my final xray on November. I have to go to canada by january since high school starts. Is there a high chance that they will approve my visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for a student visa last march and just finished my medication last September, it resulted to a scar, and will have to wait for my final xray on November. I have to go to canada by january since high school starts. Is there a high chance that they will approve my visa?
It will depend on whether extra Tb screening will be required. High school will already have started in September so delaying it won’t mean you are missing the beginning of the school year. Do you have the 25k to qualify as an international student?

Reactions: aida_1008

aida_1008

Oct 31, 2019
It will depend on whether extra Tb screening will be required. High school will already have started in September so delaying it won’t mean you are missing the beginning of the school year. Do you have the 25k to qualify as an international student?
My last xray will be on November so I think that’s my last screening. After that
they’re gonna send my medical report to the embassy. I still need to be there by January because of my family. What is the 25k?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My last xray will be on November so I think that’s my last screening. After that
they’re gonna send my medical report to the embassy. I still need to be there by January because of my family. What is the 25k?
You applied for a student permit so you should be an international student. Are you not an international student? What is the status of your family. Canada may ask for you to wait another 3 months to make sure the TB has been totally resolved. It is hard to know so you will have to wait and see what CIC says.

aida_1008

Oct 31, 2019
You applied for a student permit so you should be an international student. Are you not an international student? What is the status of your family. Canada may ask for you to wait another 3 months to make sure the TB has been totally resolved. It is hard to know so you will have to wait and see what CIC says.
yes, I’m an international student. Does October to December not count for the 3 months since I finished my medication last September? My parents are not canadian citizens, but they’re staying in canada because my sister is already studying there.

I’m just scared and worried because my mom saw posts about patients who also finished their medication and got medical clearance, but still got denied because the immigration advised her to rest, exactly what you said, but in what my mom read it was about a year!
Can that really happen? I already skipped this Fall just so I can finish my medication. I can’t afford to wait for another year.....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes, I’m an international student. Does October to December not count for the 3 months since I finished my medication last September? My parents are not canadian citizens, but they’re staying in canada because my sister is already studying there.

I’m just scared and worried because my mom saw posts about patients who also finished their medication and got medical clearance, but still got denied because the immigration advised her to rest, exactly what you said, but in what my mom read it was about a year!
Can that really happen? I already skipped this Fall just so I can finish my medication. I can’t afford to wait for another year.....
If you are an international student your parents should be aware that they need to prove that they can pay the cost of international tuition plus your living expenses plus your sister as well. Usually 25k per school per year since tuition in a public school is around 10k. It is extremely rare for parents to be able to remain in Canada while children attend school. If they are able to remain in Canada for 6 months they may struggle to renew their stay. They also need to prove that they can support your education and living costs while not being able to work in Canada. Canada often will require another period of at least 3 months before approval for TB suffered. I assume you must be currently attending school in your home country or doing schoolwork at home if not able to attend school in your home country due to TB. It is up to CIC to determine when you can enter Canada. Canada is very serious about not allowing TB to spread into Canada because we currently have very low levels of infection.

Reactions: aida_1008

aida_1008

Oct 31, 2019
If you are an international student your parents should be aware that they need to prove that they can pay the cost of international tuition plus your living expenses plus your sister as well. Usually 25k per school per year since tuition in a public school is around 10k. It is extremely rare for parents to be able to remain in Canada while children attend school. If they are able to remain in Canada for 6 months they may struggle to renew their stay. They also need to prove that they can support your education and living costs while not being able to work in Canada. Canada often will require another period of at least 3 months before approval for TB suffered. I assume you must be currently attending school in your home country or doing schoolwork at home if not able to attend school in your home country due to TB. It is up to CIC to determine when you can enter Canada. Canada is very serious about not allowing TB to spread into Canada because we currently have very low levels of infection.
Yes, my parents are aware and I do believe that it won’t be a problem. My parents visits my sister from time to time and the longest they’ve stayed in Canada was about a month and that was during my sister’s move in day. I am not attending school right now because I was supposed to start at Fall in Canada. I basically skipped one term since they said I need to finish my medication. I am just hoping and praying that they will approve my visa.

Thank you so much for your replies. I informed my mom about it and I admit we were left heartbroken when you said that they usually require another 3 months. Still, I am hoping!!! Thank you again ❤