+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recent Soft Landing Experience via land to Ontario, Anyone?

Sedoms

Jun 12, 2019
I am planning to do soft landing in 3 weeks. So far this is my understand and also have a scenario which I would be thankful if someone could clarify

1. Staying in a hotel nearby and taking rental car to cross Rainbow Bridge
2. Idea is to return the same day but prepared with stay in Toronto if officer recommends us to stay back.

Scenario
Can we just enter via Rainbow bridge and tell them we are not moving permanently but visiting for a weekend and going back via land? Since website says you cannot travel with intent to leave to another country, will this scenario work?

sowsiv

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
I am planning to do soft landing in 3 weeks. So far this is my understand and also have a scenario which I would be thankful if someone could clarify

2. Idea is to return the same day but prepared with stay in Toronto if officer recommends us to stay back.

Scenario
Can we just enter via Rainbow bridge and tell them we are not moving permanently but visiting for a weekend and going back via land? Since website says you cannot travel with intent to leave to another country, will this scenario work?
This was our experience on May 15 https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/soft-landing-moving-to-canada.730891/page-2#post-9407356

Aparna Vijay

Feb 22, 2020
United States of America
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-07-2020
Passport Req..
18-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2020
LANDED..........
10-07-2021

Scenario
Have you landed yet? Looking for the same information

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Have you landed yet? Looking for the same information
If you are planning to land anytime from today, there is no quarantine if you are fully vaccinated. Apart from that you should be good if you tell the officer that you plan to return back the same day.