+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received PPR email, question about which office to use to send docs...

mrsnyde1

Apr 27, 2021
Hello friends,
We finally received our PPR, and we read through the details about submitting photos and passport pages, but we wanted to see if anyone else had a situation similar to ours. We are in Maine for a month (which is closer to NYC) but our address is Denver (closer to LA).

Does anyone know which office to send our information to? Would it matter that we are sending a packet via FedEx to LA from Maine? Or...should we use NYC? Does it matter?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello friends,
We finally received our PPR, and we read through the details about submitting photos and passport pages, but we wanted to see if anyone else had a situation similar to ours. We are in Maine for a month (which is closer to NYC) but our address is Denver (closer to LA).

Does anyone know which office to send our information to? Would it matter that we are sending a packet via FedEx to LA from Maine? Or...should we use NYC? Does it matter?
Won't matter which office, only issue is will they get it back to you within the timeframe you're in Maine. My guess is NYC usually would turn it around more quickly than that. If in worst case that it takes longer, hopefully those at your address in Maine can forward to you.

mrsnyde1

Apr 27, 2021
Won't matter which office, only issue is will they get it back to you within the timeframe you're in Maine. My guess is NYC usually would turn it around more quickly than that. If in worst case that it takes longer, hopefully those at your address in Maine can forward to you.
From what I understand, they email you the shipping labels and you send the information...and then you have a year to land. So, we can get our COPR in plenty of time...is that what you mean?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
From what I understand, they email you the shipping labels and you send the information...and then you have a year to land. So, we can get our COPR in plenty of time...is that what you mean?
I'm referring only to the physical time to send and get the documents back from the visa centre/consulate (i.e. so the docs don't end up delivered to nowhere)

mrsnyde1

Apr 27, 2021
Well, we are only here visiting. The COPR will still be sent to our home address. My question is that we are going to send the docs requested (since we have US Passports, we only need to send copies of photo page and photos). Does it matter that we are in Maine, closer to NYC, but our home address is Denver, near LA? They can send our COPR to Denver, that isnt a problem. I just want to know if it matters which office we send everything to. The return envelope we provide will have our home address on it...Maine will not be mentioned at any time to any office.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Well, we are only here visiting. The COPR will still be sent to our home address. My question is that we are going to send the docs requested (since we have US Passports, we only need to send copies of photo page and photos). Does it matter that we are in Maine, closer to NYC, but our home address is Denver, near LA? They can send our COPR to Denver, that isnt a problem. I just want to know if it matters which office we send everything to. The return envelope we provide will have our home address on it...Maine will not be mentioned at any time to any office.
Don't think it matters, really. In some cases you may not have to pay additional fees if you send to the office where you did biometrics (not clear to me if that is the case in USA). But if it's not a rush, why not just send it to the office tht you used before or home region? I doubt fedex charges any more.

But personally I'd want to see the doc returned to my grubby hands so I could look and check right away.

mrsnyde1

Apr 27, 2021
Ah, I see what you mean. Well, we did our biometrics and they were electronically forwarded to Canada...we didnt have to submit them anywhere, personally. I suppose our processes are a bit different as we don't necessarily have to deal with an IRCC office in the US to apply for Outland PR. Our PPR letter mentions nothing about mailing anything to a US IRCC office. I had to google and find this forum for any of this information! It is a bit strange.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ah, I see what you mean. Well, we did our biometrics and they were electronically forwarded to Canada...we didnt have to submit them anywhere, personally. I suppose our processes are a bit different as we don't necessarily have to deal with an IRCC office in the US to apply for Outland PR. Our PPR letter mentions nothing about mailing anything to a US IRCC office. I had to google and find this forum for any of this information! It is a bit strange.
With very few exceptions, nowhere does one submit to IRCC directly - but through the visa application centres.

Have seen lots of reports about how people submit to ny/la. Dont know about the electronic side.

mrsnyde1

Apr 27, 2021
Well, we went to the department of homeland security and gave them our biometrics form. We did nothing else. We have never had to deal with any USA office of IRCC. Same with medicals. The doctor provided the information directly to IRCC.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Well, we went to the department of homeland security and gave them our biometrics form. We did nothing else. We have never had to deal with any USA office of IRCC. Same with medicals. The doctor provided the information directly to IRCC.
Ah, didn't know biometrics done through govt there - in most places it's the visa application centres. Still can't say about electronic submission of what you have to do now.