+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

received ita- may decline-NEED ADVISE

larderland

May 3, 2015
Hey guys, first post- well this process is making me pull my hair out.
kind of got to questions
1- Can someone give me any advice on rejecting my ita. I've found another noc code that suits me better. do i simply decline my ita and start a new profile? if so when i start my new ee profile do i answer yes or no to 'have i applied for pr before'? also does it make any difference that i have done my medical already? did it 3 days ago.

2- looking for a bit of advice with regard to my current jobs noc code, long story short -i have worked in a skill A job in Ireland for a year, a skill B job in Canada for a year and my current job now is basically either 1114 (skill a) OR 6235 (skilled b)which i have only been doing for 5 months.I applied and received ita under 1114, but now that i look at it 6235 suits my current job better. one question, if i reject my ita and use 6235, will i be eligible along with my year of skill a in ireland and a year of skilled b in Canada? Ive only been in my new job since December 2014 and its the one noc code causing me the biggest headache.. I guess what im asking is -Does this noc code even matter?is it being used to qualify?will changing it from a skilled A to skilled b position make me in ineligible?

really appreciate any help that can be given

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
a) Rejecting ITA does not create any problem. I have done it before. Your existing profile will become active. You do not need to create a new profile. Hence need not answer yes to the applied before question, as basically same profile is active again.

b) You dnt need to worry about what NOC code you are invited for. It does not matter at all whether your current job is same or not. EE has gotten rid of NOC caps which existed till last year. If you satisfy all the conditions under the NOC you got invite for, it hardly matters if you doing same work now or not. If I were you I will go ahead and apply.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
purohit said:
a) Rejecting ITA does not create any problem. I have done it before. Your existing profile will become active. You do not need to create a new profile. Hence need not answer yes to the applied before question, as basically same profile is active again.

b) You dnt need to worry about what NOC code you are invited for. It does not matter at all whether your current job is same or not. EE has gotten rid of NOC caps which existed till last year. If you satisfy all the conditions under the NOC you got invite for, it hardly matters if you doing same work now or not. If I were you I will go ahead and apply.
Will he get the same points in EE system? Considering his 2 noc codes will be different?

larderland

May 3, 2015
purohit said:

thanks for the advice.the only issue is my noc code 1411 which i applied with doesnt apply to me, its close but its not the right noc code, i found a new one so im going to decline the invitation and use my new noc code. using this new code would surely mean i have to start a new profile again no?

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
No. same profile will be active. go to work section and change NOC code for primary occupation and you are all set

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
larderland said:
thanks for the advice.the only issue is my noc code 1411 which i applied with doesnt apply to me, its close but its not the right noc code, i found a new one so im going to decline the invitation and use my new noc code. using this new code would surely mean i have to start a new profile again no?
Can you tell changing your noc code affected your points or not?