+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received COPR but currently out of country

rowsap1

Apr 5, 2018
Hi Experts

I have applied for my PR from India and have received my COPR this Monday. I need to send my passport by 1 month. However, for work I am currently out of the country.

The email they sent indicated that I need to go to VFS and send the application to the New Delhi office.

Please can anybody let me know if they faced a similar situation or how they submitted their Passport .

I am currently in London, UK.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks.

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
Hi Experts

I have applied for my PR from India and have received my COPR this Monday. I need to send my passport by 1 month. However, for work I am currently out of the country.

The email they sent indicated that I need to go to VFS and send the application to the New Delhi office.

Please can anybody let me know if they faced a similar situation or how they submitted their Passport .

I am currently in London, UK.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks.
You have received PPR not COPR. When you send your passport then you will receive COPR. You have two options. In both cases send email to the email address provided on PPR in case of changes/emergency.
1. If your stay in UK is short explain and inform IRCC about your travel and request for extension over 30 days.
2, If your stay in UK is long, email asking to change your office to UK so you send can send your passport to UK office rather than VFS in India. YES THIS IS POSSIBLE. MANY PEOPLE ARE OUR OF THE COUNTRY AND SEND PASSPORT TO OTHER OFFICE THEN THEIR COUNTRY. BUT WAIT FOR EMAIL CONFIRMATION.

Reactions: rowsap1