+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received Biometrics letter - not able to book an appointment for biometrics

abc1234$

Oct 24, 2016
Hi Gurus,

This is regarding the visitor visa application for my parents, they have applied Visitor visa from India, and have received the biometrics instruction letter immediately.

As a next step, We are trying to book an appointment with the nearest VAC office in Hyderabad, but we are unable to find any slots till August 2021.

Is anyone facing the same issue, and will really help us to know, what have others done?

Regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Gurus,

This is regarding the visitor visa application for my parents, they have applied Visitor visa from India, and have received the biometrics instruction letter immediately.

As a next step, We are trying to book an appointment with the nearest VAC office in Hyderabad, but we are unable to find any slots till August 2021.

Is anyone facing the same issue, and will really help us to know, what have others done?

Regards
Many have gone to Dubai.

Capt.Marcos

Feb 1, 2020
Hi Gurus,

Regards
Hi,
When did they submit application and what is date of BIL receipt. Have you tried to book appointment at other vfs centers?

abc1234$

Oct 24, 2016
Hi,
When did they submit application and what is date of BIL receipt. Have you tried to book appointment at other vfs centers?
The application was submitted on January 26, 2021. We got the BIL on January 27, 2021.

I tried checking online for other VFS centres in India, but the same result. There are no online slots at all.

we are considering the in person option to book the appointment.

username1990

Dec 9, 2020
Try the webform registration on VFS website. BIL is required to register which you have already got. I got my appointment & gave biometrics within 5 days - this includes appointment scheduling and biometrics completing. This was also at Hyd VFS.

EDIT: Mine was a work permit visa. Visitor visa biometric appointments are not being scheduled as of now based on the communication we got from Canada High commission and VFS website.

Amit04

Nov 18, 2021
Hi, I have received Biometrics Instruction letter on 4th November 2021 with a deadline date of 5th Dec 2021 against the PR application. I am unable to get appointment at any of the VFS centers within India with the above said timeline. I have already written to IRCC and VFS Global about the issue but have not received response from any of the organization yet. I have called up couple of immigration agents who are promising to provide a backdoor entry to VFS for biometrics and asking a hefty fee of 20-25K per person.
Now I am not sure what to do ? Meanwhile I am still trying to get an appointment using VFS portal. Any expert views/suggestion are welcome. Thanks.
NOTE: VFS is currently only providing appointment through online portal.

Rumble

May 18, 2022
Hi, I have received Biometrics Instruction letter on 4th November 2021 with a deadline date of 5th Dec 2021 against the PR application. I am unable to get appointment at any of the VFS centers within India with the above said timeline. I have already written to IRCC and VFS Global about the issue but have not received response from any of the organization yet. I have called up couple of immigration agents who are promising to provide a backdoor entry to VFS for biometrics and asking a hefty fee of 20-25K per person.
Now I am not sure what to do ? Meanwhile I am still trying to get an appointment using VFS portal. Any expert views/suggestion are welcome. Thanks. BTW, I played online games at the best video slots in CA and I really like to win while playing slots. It helped me to earn and b
NOTE: VFS is currently only providing appointment through online portal.
20-25K per person is really a lot. Is it fine now?

Last edited: