+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received a letter requesting a review of personal info and more...

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
So, just received a letter requesting I review my details on file with IRCC, supply them with new passport photos and because I'm in an eTA country rather than a visa requirement one, a photocopy of my passport pic page with the next 30 days.

If i'f reading the instruction correctly I can submit the letter and the passport photocopy through my online account but the photos have to be mailed out to Canada (which slows things down a wee bit...)

Last page of the letter has this paragraph:

"Appendix B – Getting ready for your trip

As you are now in a possession of a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR), or have been notified to submit your travel documents in preparation for the issuance of a COPR, you are strongly encouraged to obtain free pre-arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). A variety of online services and in-person sessions are available to you, your spouse and your dependants. These services will help you understand life in Canada, employment and how to access other free settlement services once you arrive."

Looks like it's finally happening... :D:D:D

Sitting here trying to catch my breath and concentrate but feeling a bit shellshocked after all the time (started looking at how to migrate back in 2004!!!) it's taken to get to this moment...

I'll submit the letter etc and then I guess I wait for them to issue COPR officially and hope that I've read and assessed what all this means correctly!

• Love
Reactions: comerunning19

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
So, just received a letter requesting I review my details on file with IRCC, supply them with new passport photos and because I'm in an eTA country rather than a visa requirement one, a photocopy of my passport pic page with the next 30 days.

If i'f reading the instruction correctly I can submit the letter and the passport photocopy through my online account but the photos have to be mailed out to Canada (which slows things down a wee bit...)

Last page of the letter has this paragraph:

"Appendix B – Getting ready for your trip

As you are now in a possession of a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR), or have been notified to submit your travel documents in preparation for the issuance of a COPR, you are strongly encouraged to obtain free pre-arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). A variety of online services and in-person sessions are available to you, your spouse and your dependants. These services will help you understand life in Canada, employment and how to access other free settlement services once you arrive."

Looks like it's finally happening... :D:D:D

Sitting here trying to catch my breath and concentrate but feeling a bit shellshocked after all the time (started looking at how to migrate back in 2004!!!) it's taken to get to this moment...

I'll submit the letter etc and then I guess I wait for them to issue COPR officially and hope that I've read and assessed what all this means correctly!
I'm really excited to hear this bro! You're almost there and YES it's happening!
I may still doubt it if it's just a pre-arrival service letter but they're also asking for your photos :D
I'll standby to cheer for your next post :)

Reactions: theguv

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
I'm really excited to hear this bro! You're almost there and YES it's happening!
I may still doubt it if it's just a pre-arrival service letter but they're also asking for your photos :D
I'll standby to cheer for your next post :)
I had the pre-arrival letter ages ago and then it all went quiet! Defo taking this letter as a good sign :)

Reactions: comerunning19