+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Real Estate Licensing

Akeem123

Nov 8, 2020
Good day,

I know this request is totally unrelated to the issues expected to be discussed here but I just need some advice.

Im currently in Jamaica and wishes to migrate to Canada pretty soon. Im also very passionate about real estate and wants to start my real estate career in Canada.
I however having a real challenge in getting licensed. Does anyone know of any school in Canada that offers any online short course in real estate and that would ultimately lead to getting a real estate license?

Looking forward to any kind response.

Akeem,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Congratulations! For Ontario, you must be a resident of Canada to begin the process. I assume it is that way for most provinces. Look it up for the province you are moving to.

Reactions: Akeem123

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My friend who works in real estate said that, in principle, it's enough for you to stay in Canada for a while, and you can apply for a license. However, I advise you to check with the province's lawyers where you are going to practice.
I can advise you of a company to which I have addressed myself more than once — swpdxlaw.com. I hope I was able to help you.
By the way, what time are you planning to move? It seems to me that in winter you will feel the difference in climates too much. But good luck with the job!
You are in Portland Oregon…what does this have to do with Canadian immigration? Reported.

koalizySo

May 11, 2022
Hmm, as far as I know, you need to be a resident of Canada to get a real estate license. It would be easier to tell you if you told more about yourself.If you plan to just live in Canada and you are not a resident of this country, then you need to first obtain residency. If you want to buy real estate for business, for example, to open an LLC - this is a completely different question. As far as I know, it is not necessary to open an LLC in the country where you want to work, sometimes you can open it in a neighboring country and register it in Canada as a foreign LLC. If you are, for example, from the USA or Latin America, then it will be easier for you to act from your own country. One of my friends, for example, bought a property on https://grupoecoquintas.com / in costa Rica, it seems from where he himself and then registered his business in Canada. Therefore, outline a clear plan and contact the lawyers.

Last edited: