+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reaching anyone at IRCC?!?

Rockologist

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
So, my online application from the US was stalled, past processing estimates so I had to make the call to try at the POE. When I got there, the agent was ready to issue me my permit, but when he was filling out the form, pulled up my online application which had evidently been approved but is stalled. Agent contacted IRCC, they had no notes and said they didn't understand either, but ultimately he could not issue a permit for that number because technically there already is one attached to the offer. So the red tape got me.
He let me in as a visitor, to wait and get my POE letter, then flagpole. Annoying. But he told me to contact IRCC immediately to push it through. Yet, the number they give does not go through to an agent and a webform inquiry sends back the auto-reply that they aren't responding now due to the Afghanistan situation.

Does anyone know how to get through to IRCC? This is maddening.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So, my online application from the US was stalled, past processing estimates so I had to make the call to try at the POE. When I got there, the agent was ready to issue me my permit, but when he was filling out the form, pulled up my online application which had evidently been approved but is stalled. Agent contacted IRCC, they had no notes and said they didn't understand either, but ultimately he could not issue a permit for that number because technically there already is one attached to the offer. So the red tape got me.
He let me in as a visitor, to wait and get my POE letter, then flagpole. Annoying. But he told me to contact IRCC immediately to push it through. Yet, the number they give does not go through to an agent and a webform inquiry sends back the auto-reply that they aren't responding now due to the Afghanistan situation.

The only number available to call is the IRCC call centre. I'm assuming that's the number CBSA gave you. They are often overloaded with calls and I expect that's why your call didn't go through (assuming you used the right number). Try calling at different times throughout the day.

Rockologist

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
The only number available to call is the IRCC call centre. I'm assuming that's the number CBSA gave you. They are often overloaded with calls and I expect that's why your call didn't go through (assuming you used the right number). Try calling at different times throughout the day.
That's why I was wondering if there was another number-the call centre number doesn't seem to be accepting calls, other than for replacing documents or if you in imminent danger / being trafficked. It's a very odd conundrum. But I guess I just have to wait then flagpole (as per the processing agent's suggestion)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That's why I was wondering if there was another number-the call centre number doesn't seem to be accepting calls, other than for replacing documents or if you in imminent danger / being trafficked. It's a very odd conundrum. But I guess I just have to wait then flagpole (as per the processing agent's suggestion)
There's just the one IRCC call centre.

Reactions: Rockologist

marketyourself

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021

What did u apply for from the US? I have applied for Vistor Visa from US Using GC key on 3rd Sep and it still says eligibility review and then I applied on IRCC portal on 10th Nov again. No updates on that either. I wanna travel in a few days! :/

Rockologist

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
What did u apply for from the US? I have applied for Vistor Visa from US Using GC key on 3rd Sep and it still says eligibility review and then I applied on IRCC portal on 10th Nov again. No updates on that either. I wanna travel in a few days! :/
Work permit under IMP / CUSMA. Again, I'm to understand it has already been approved and that there is a stall in updating my account & issuing my letter. But as I'm finding, there seems to be no real way of getting anything looked into at IRCC right now. It may likely be the same with yours.

Reactions: marketyourself

marketyourself

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Work permit under IMP / CUSMA. Again, I'm to understand it has already been approved and that there is a stall in updating my account & issuing my letter. But as I'm finding, there seems to be no real way of getting anything looked into at IRCC right now. It may likely be the same with yours.
Thanks for the response. Praying that it works out for all of us soon

Reactions: Rockologist