+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-entry after graduation on study permit

rushil2209

Jul 30, 2012
Hello,
I am currently a student in Canada. I will graduate in Dec 2014. I have a valid study permit and TRV (S-1) till August 2015.
I wish to go to India in Jan 2015 first week (without applying for PGWP, since I will apply for it once I get my final transcript).

Q1. Can I apply for PGWP from India?

Q2. If I can apply and get a PGWP, will I be able to re-enter Canada with my PGWP and S-1(multiple entry) category visa?

Thank you for your time,
Rushil.

rushil2209

Jul 30, 2012
If anyone needs reference, I talked to CIC agent on phone and she informed me that I can apply for PGWP from India online given that I have all the scanned copies of the required documents. Also I can re-enter Canada on my PGWP and S-1 category visa, if my S-1 category visa has not expired.

Regards,
Rushil.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
rushil2209 said:
If anyone needs reference, I talked to CIC agent on phone and she informed me that I can apply for PGWP from India online given that I have all the scanned copies of the required documents. Also I can re-enter Canada on my PGWP and S-1 category visa, if my S-1 category visa has not expired.

Regards,
Rushil.
Will you have the PGWP send from Canada to India?

ysyap

Feb 13, 2015
Can I know anyone have apply the Post Graduation Work Permit online outside Canada?

What form do u use?
The original Post Graduation form or Apply Work Permit Outside Canada form?

If it is the original Post Graduation form, can I ask how to change the current resident?

If it is the apply work permit outside canada, how to u fill the intended employers section?

Helps are needed. Please..

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
rushil2209 said:
Hello,
I am currently a student in Canada. I will graduate in Dec 2014. I have a valid study permit and TRV (S-1) till August 2015.
I wish to go to India in Jan 2015 first week (without applying for PGWP, since I will apply for it once I get my final transcript).

Q1. Can I apply for PGWP from India?

Q2. If I can apply and get a PGWP, will I be able to re-enter Canada with my PGWP and S-1(multiple entry) category visa?

Thank you for your time,
Rushil.
If you apply while in India the possibility of being rejected is higher and even if approved,the CBSA guys may not allow you in.I know of someone rejected from re-entry once,despite having valid work permit and confirmation from the employer on phone.You best bet is to get your PGWP and possibly secure a job before travelling cheers!

rushil2209

Jul 30, 2012
Hello,
I graduated in December 2014.
My degree date was Jan 11, 2015 on my transcript.
I applied for PGWP online from India on Feb 4 2015.(I had called CIC and they advised me that it wont make any difference if I apply from India or Canada if I am applying online).
I returned to Canada on March 24, 2015 on my study permit and student visa (they were valid till July 2015).

I got my 3 year PGWP approved in April and I am working on PGWP right now.

Cheers!

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
Congrats and good luck that it works for you sometimes being able to successfully get in depends on the CBSA officer.I know a number of people who just got stamped in without any questions and some denied entry after series of interrogation.The rule sometimes is just a guide a lot depends on how the guys at the embassy and Border applies it.

Naman23

Sep 13, 2021
Hello,
I graduated in December 2014.
My degree date was Jan 11, 2015 on my transcript.
I applied for PGWP online from India on Feb 4 2015.(I had called CIC and they advised me that it wont make any difference if I apply from India or Canada if I am applying online).
I returned to Canada on March 24, 2015 on my study permit and student visa (they were valid till July 2015).

I got my 3 year PGWP approved in April and I am working on PGWP right now.

Cheers!
Hey, when you entered canada and your pgwp was still in process, were you allowed to work until it got approved?