+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-Entering to Canada from us URGENT!!!!!!!

Oct 27, 2023
I travelled to us a week ago and I’m trying to come back to Canada but the immigration officials at the airport said I can’t fly back because I don’t have the trv. I don’t have the work permit with me and I don’t have it stamped in the passport too. But I have to be back in Canada otherwise my job will be gone. Somebody pls help!!!!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I travelled to us a week ago and I’m trying to come back to Canada but the immigration officials at the airport said I can’t fly back because I don’t have the trv. I don’t have the work permit with me and I don’t have it stamped in the passport too. But I have to be back in Canada otherwise my job will be gone. Somebody pls help!!!!!
A work permit allows you to work but it doesn’t allow entry to Canada. You need a TRV so apply for one. There is no way around it. Even if you re-enter through a US land border, you need a TRV.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023
So you are in the US, and have never left the US? Why don’t you have a work permit? You can try entering at a land border but you don’t have a work permit or TRV. Doubt you will be allowed entry without WP. You can look up IRCC processing times.

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=208&top=22
Actually I asked one of my friend to speed post my work permit to us . So I’ll get the wp in two days. But I’m trying the land border, and talk to them about my situation

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Actually I asked one of my friend to speed post my work permit to us . So I’ll get the wp in two days. But I’m trying the land border, and talk to them about my situation
You cannot go to land border without WP. But if you want to try then go for it. Hopefully it will work. If denied, you apply for TRV.