Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Does anyone know if we can do the medical in a country different to where our file is being processed?

Here's the situation: our file is being processed in Rabat Morocco but we are currently living in Taiwan. We have an interview at the end of September in Rabat, so we were hoping to get the medical done here so we aren't stuck in morocco for an additional 4 weeks waiting for the medical to be reunited...

Anyone have any experience with this?

Lynn

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you can as long as your the medical is done by a DMP then it should be fine and send proof that it was done, I would also recommend keeping a copy of the medical for yourself incase of any mishaps

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
Kedeisha said:
Yes you can as long as your the medical is done by a DMP then it should be fine and send proof that it was done, I would also recommend keeping a copy of the medical for yourself incase of any mishaps
Thanks Kedeisha, So I know in morocco the DMP forwards the medical to Paris for processing and Paris sends it back to Rabat...is this the way it works everywhere? I can't imagine Taiwan would send to Paris...

Thanks

Lynn

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
locolynn said:
Thanks Kedeisha, So I know in morocco the DMP forwards the medical to Paris for processing and Paris sends it back to Rabat...is this the way it works everywhere? I can't imagine Taiwan would send to Paris...

Thanks

Lynn
Hi Lynn,

Is there anyway he can get the medical done in Morocco before the interview and take the receipt with him to give to the visa officer? It doesn't really make a difference where you get it done but just thinking that there are a couple of DMPs in Rabat and it only takes a couple of days to complete. Anyway, the VO can request the medical results from another Regional Medical Office. It doesn't HAVE to be Paris. And, if you pay extra, the doctor in Taiwan can send the medical results to Paris RMO.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rjessome said:
Hi Lynn,

Is there anyway he can get the medical done in Morocco before the interview and take the receipt with him to give to the visa officer? It doesn't really make a difference where you get it done but just thinking that there are a couple of DMPs in Rabat and it only takes a couple of days to complete. Anyway, the VO can request the medical results from another Regional Medical Office. It doesn't HAVE to be Paris. And, if you pay extra, the doctor in Taiwan can send the medical results to Paris RMO.
The DMP have been instructed to no longer send medicals to any RMC other than their own.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
Thanks for the responses. I kind of figured it was a long shot. We've been waiting 4 years, what is a few more weeks. Bah.

Bureaucracy: 10,000 - Us: 0

Locolynn

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
enna00 said:
how many interviews have you had one you have 3 listed on your profile thats alot! :eek:
This will be our 2nd interview with an "external agency" (read CSIS). We had our regular cic interview years ago...then were sent to the dreaded purgatory known as background checks. We've been in the process for over 4 years now. *usually* a 2nd external interview is the last step. (fingers, toes and all crossable body parts crossed.)

Locolynn

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
rjessome said:
Anyway, the VO can request the medical results from another Regional Medical Office.
I can only imagine the Gong Show that would be Rabat requesting medical results from Beijing. We'll wait til he gets back.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

The DMP have been instructed to no longer send medicals to any RMC other than their own.
Ah! Then why do the medical requests say that the DMP "must" send the medical request to, i.e. the RMC in France if, for example, the applicant is a TFW in Canada? In those cases where the medical is done outside of the area of the RMC, should the applicant advise the VO where the medical was performed and which RMC has the results? Or should the applicant rely on the RMC to forward the results to the appropriate VO? The instruction letter to the DMP tells them which RMC to send it to but will this create an issue if it's not "their" RMC?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

rjessome said:
Ah! Then why do the medical requests say that the DMP "must" send the medical request to, i.e. the RMC in France if, for example, the applicant is a TFW in Canada? In those cases where the medical is done outside of the area of the RMC, should the applicant advise the VO where the medical was performed and which RMC has the results? Or should the applicant rely on the RMC to forward the results to the appropriate VO? The instruction letter to the DMP tells them which RMC to send it to but will this create an issue if it's not "their" RMC?
There was Operations Bulletin posted after Feb/09 about sending the medical to the RMC for the DMP's country of residence. It is probably clearer that the statement in OP 15

Procedure: Using the results
The examining physician sends the completed IMM 1017E, IMM 5419E and other reports to the
appropriate CIC immigration medical office. After completing the immigration medical assessment,
the CIC medical officer will send to the visa office a Medical Notification IMM 5365B that contains
the results of the examination
. This may be done either by fax, e-mail or electronically through
CAIPS.
s

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
HI

There was Operations Bulletin posted after Feb/09 about sending the medical to the RMC for the DMP's country of residence. It is probably clearer that the statement in OP 15

Procedure: Using the results
The examining physician sends the completed IMM 1017E, IMM 5419E and other reports to the
appropriate CIC immigration medical office. After completing the immigration medical assessment,
the CIC medical officer will send to the visa office a Medical Notification IMM 5365B that contains
the results of the examination
. This may be done either by fax, e-mail or electronically through
CAIPS.
s
Thank you!