+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP

nettoyant

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Hello Everyone!

How common is the RCMP request?
I've read many conflicting statements about this. Some say you only get it if someone that has the EXACT same name as you has a criminal record in Canada, while others say that you get it if your name is at least 50% similar to someone who has a criminal record in Canada. There's a huge difference between having the same name and having only 50% the same name!

Does anyone have some reliable information about this?

Thank you!

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
> How common is the RCMP request?

No one knows. The statistics are not collected or published.

If you have a reason to think one will be requested of you then get it and send it before they ask.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
I agree with ^ Comment .
It hardly matters if CIC asked RCMP . They want to make sure about your criminal record . Whats wrong in this ?

Thanks

C_Survival

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
It took me less than a week to get my RCMP, and they give you 60 days
To send it. They also request it ahead of time so it doesn't really delay your application prpcessing

Reactions: Tomi2

nettoyant

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
CEC_1304 said:
I agree with ^ Comment .
It hardly matters if CIC asked RCMP . They want to make sure about your criminal record . Whats wrong in this ?

Thanks
Hey Guys,

I also agree with that comment, but that’s not my point. If there is someone with the same name as you with a criminal record shouldn’t you be worried for the future? I know that cic has more resources than a future employer, but I would still be worried if that’s the case. On the other hand, if it’s something like 50% match I wouldn't be as worried. Any thoughts?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
nettoyant said:
I also agree with that comment, but that's not my point. If there is someone with the same name as you with a criminal record shouldn't you be worried for the future? I know that cic has more resources than a future employer, but I would still be worried if that's the case. On the other hand, if it's something like 50% match I wouldn't be as worried. Any thoughts?
Not sure why this is a worry. If a prospective employer requires a criminal records check, they usually ask you to provide it. So in that case, if you already know you need the fingerprint version, you're better off...