+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Finger Print Request after 5 months of Medical test was submitte, No IP yet

kiandr

Nov 6, 2014
Hello there,
I will be short:

About me:
Got PnP International Nomination on January March 2014:
Applied to CIC and application was recieved on April 2014:
Got Request for Medical test on Jun 2014, Test was submitted within the same moths:

Middle Nov, got CIC notes, Was sayign background check, finger print required.
Approched RCMP and Email CIC, they both said, they dont need it, If so, CIC will inquire via email.

Today I got an email from CIC, requesting finger print.

Since then my status online is medical received, not IP or soever.

Question:
Why did they asked so much later, my friends who got approved were not requested for FP? Should I be concerned? I have absolutely no criminal charges of records.

How much longer experts from experience estimate that the process will last until the IP or Approval?

Thank you

SpoonRaccoon

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kiandr said:
Hello there,
I will be short:

About me:
Got Request for Medical test on Jun 2014, Test was submitted within the same moths:

Approched RCMP and Email CIC, they both said, they dont need it, If so, CIC will inquire via email.

Question:
Why did they asked so much later, my friends who got approved were not requested for FP? Should I be concerned? I have absolutely no criminal charges of records.

How much longer experts from experience estimate that the process will last until the IP or Approval?

Thank you
RCMP doesn't have anything to do with your application that's why they didn't know.
When you email CIC, the person who responds you sees your file and sees what outstanding documents you have. He doesn't see what you see in your notes. At the time you didn't have any outstanding documents because an immigration officer didn't request it yet.
Everybody goes through a criminal check. Sometimes local databases aren't enough to satisfy the results so whoever does the criminality passes the flag into your file and then the officer reviewing your application asks you for whatever is needed. In this case finger prints.
The reason why some people need finger prints and others don't is unknown. Some say your name is suspicious or you come from a high risk country but nothing is confirmed.
I was asked 3 different police clearances and all of them turned out to be clean. So, if you have no criminal record then there's nothing to worry about it. Doing finger prints from RCMP doesn't take that long nowadays (2-3 weeks and they can send the results directly to CIC).

To get PPR, it usually takes 8 to 12 months from the time you get AOR(you get AOR and medical request at the same time usually). At least that was the tendency in 2013 and 2014.

Good luck!

Rocky04

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2014
Doc's Request.
None requested
Nomination.....
21-02-2014
AOR Received.
09-06-2014
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Not Available
Med's Request
09-06-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
23-April-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-April-2015, passport recvd 5-May-2015
LANDED..........
In Ontario since Aug '07 , Flag pole process at Fort Erie on 7-May-2015
kiandr said:
Hello there,
I will be short:

About me:

Question:

Thank you
Thanks for sharing. I just got my gcms notes will read through and prep for this if needed. All the best :)

kiandr

Nov 6, 2014
Hi Rocky:
Yes go through it an make sure of thy ask for the finger print. It's so frustrating that I got the notes and went all the way to RCMP an showed them the paper, they did not know what exactly notes were cause were only familiar with the official request. That took me back two month in the process. So I would recommend once u got the note to go there and make sure that you will get the finger print electronically and send it to RCMP. There is an option on the application that indicates the reason for the request, I have read if u indicate immigration then RCMP sends a copy to CIC.

kiandr

Nov 6, 2014
Hi Spoon Raccoon:

Thanks for the prompt respond.

Are u also aware that the if online status will be change to IP after the arrival of the RCMP or my app is already under process?

And finally, what happened next when u submitted your certification? What is next?

I'm going now to police department and will keep this post up to date for the sailors in the similar boat.

Thanks

kiandr

Nov 6, 2014
Went to RCMP:
They lady asked me a 25$ money order which had to be issued to"receiver general for Canada".
She sends me back to fix that money order, next day morning coming back to the office and they said it was an error, cause CIC is a federal agency so they waived the money order.

Make sure to mention to RCMP that is for CIC and the 25$ is not required.

I put the specific address as correspondent address which was given to me by CIC, and application number as reference.

Got confirmation that RCMP headquarters received the finger print instantly at the office.

Now I should Waite until RCMP headquarters complete the background check and send it to CIC.

Does anyone now how long this process take?
Thanks