+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick Question on Ceremony

Passion2015

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
I have oath ceremony tomorrow. I have the following quick questions.

- Do I need to complete the last form "My citizenship Journey" and handed over at the reception or that form is optional.(VERY LAST PAGE)

- Do I need to take all original documents that was submitted with application i.e IELTS, employment letters etc.

- Do I need to take both PR Card and record of landing documents with me including my current passports.

Quick reply would appreciated.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passion2015 said:

- Do I need to complete the last form "My citizenship Journey" and handed over at the reception or that form is optional.(VERY LAST PAGE)

- Do I need to take all original documents that was submitted with application i.e IELTS, employment letters etc.

- Do I need to take both PR Card and record of landing documents with me including my current passports.

I gave my oath but never got this form: last form "My citizenship Journey"

Yes, take all original documents that was submitted with application and also take both PR Card and record of landing documents with PP

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Passion2015 said:

I agree with other reader, not everyone is given that form. However you need to carry with you Original Passports, Landing Certificate, Permanent Residency Card and dont think you need to carry other certificates.

At this last stage of your journey to become Canadian Citizen, they just want to identify if its you by your passport, landing certificate and PR card. CIC will take away your PR card and issue you the "Citizenship Certificate".

Readers here share collective knowledge gathered from other readers' experiences on this forum.

However, its always better to strictly follow the CIC Oath invitation instructions, carry all doc's which they asked you to bring.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse took only the PR card and record of landing. They took the PR card, but did nothing to the record of landing. I think some people have reported that their record of landing was stamped, so take it just to be safe. I don't know about "My Citizenship Journey." Maybe it's something new I'm not familiar with. As to the other documents, I don't believe you need them (you've already been approved), but it's easy to carry your passport.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Of course that page is optional. Bring what they tell you to bring. They may not look at it, but bring it anyway.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alphazip said:
My spouse took only the PR card and record of landing. They took the PR card, but did nothing to the record of landing. I think some people have reported that their record of landing was stamped, so take it just to be safe. I don't know about "My Citizenship Journey." Maybe it's something new I'm not familiar with. As to the other documents, I don't believe you need them (you've already been approved), but it's easy to carry your passport.
There are three documents that go by the name "record of landing".
The Record of Landing (IMM 1000) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence number (IMM 5292 or 5509).

Only IMM 1000 gets stamped when Citizenship is acquired. The other two forms don't.