+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick hearing date

rash2022

Sep 14, 2022
Good afternoon everybody!
We all know ,and we have seen on their website that Rpd will take 20 to 24 months to schedule a hearing for new refugee claims!.Now my question is .is that a good sign to have less than 10 months hearing date ? I was thinking that it could mean "lets get rid of this irrelevant case" lol.I am scared ,things are going way too fast for me .I wish they could change the whole system and make things less stressful.At the same time I know for sure RPD is doing a great job ,it is not easy for them to deal with us .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We all know ,and we have seen on their website that Rpd will take 20 to 24 months to schedule a hearing for new refugee claims!.Now my question is .is that a good sign to have less than 10 months hearing date ? I was thinking that it could mean "lets get rid of this irrelevant case" lol.I am scared ,things are going way too fast for me .I wish they could change the whole system and make things less stressful.At the same time I know for sure RPD is doing a great job ,it is not easy for them to deal with us .
Wouldn‘t read into it too much and be happy you got a hearing date so quickly.

• Love
Reactions: rash2022

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
I would not be worried for now.
I got my hearing dare after 11 months of waiting but then Covid happened and they postponed it for another year, and anyway I got my pr already
Good luck to you

• Love
Reactions: rash2022

rash2022

Sep 14, 2022
I would not be worried for now.
I got my hearing dare after 11 months of waiting but then Covid happened and they postponed it for another year, and anyway I got my pr already
Good luck to you
Good to know that, thank you very much!

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
My friend is in Cornwall, Ontario and he got his hearing date for March after just 5 month of being in Canada. We both came the same day. Thanks God you got yours. Which city are you in ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My friend is in Cornwall, Ontario and he got his hearing date for March after just 5 month of being in Canada. We both came the same day. Thanks God you got yours. Which city are you in ?
That is extremely rare. It is fairly typical to wait 1-2 years.

rash2022

Sep 14, 2022
Thank you ,It is a Montreal case .