06-7-2011
Med's Done....
11-7-2011
Passport Req..
18-7-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-7-2011 got on 4-8-2011
Assalam-o-Alikum

People i've go a few question regarding student visa and such.
Recently i got an offer of admission from University of Ottawa in Civil Engineering program for M.Eng for September session.The hard copy of offer letter is yet to arrive.
I'll apply for visa as soon as i get the letter in my hand but in the mean time i'll ready the documents that are required.Here are a few question that i've in mind.

Q1.Can i deposit my finances to my bank account.I've recently opened up an account at the bank.So pretty much it won't have a history of last 4 months.I'll deposit around $23000 and along with that i've saving certificates that are in my name which my parents purchased for my education of around $23000.So the saving certificates have a history that goes way back.
My total funding would be around $46000 but it's a bit iffy situation in terms of bank statement.
Or instead of showing the finances in my account i can deposit the account in my Mamo's (My mother's brother) account.His account have a constant balance of $11000 for over six months and there is a lot of activity in his account in terms of debit and credit.
So what would you people recommend? Should i let my uncle finance me or should i finance myself?

Q2.My brother has been studying in University of Toronto for last 3 years.There is no problem of financing his studies or mine what so ever.In terms of family ties does this goes in a winning column?
Q3.I'm not exactly sure about family ties.How can i prove it? The only property that i've in my name is my car and nothing else.
Q4.I've read all over the forum that CHC Islamabad has been way too slow in terms of processing Student Visa so without wasting anytime further should i apply for visa as soon as possible since i don't want to miss the September session.
Q5.Does the embassy requires study write up? I can brag about all the benefits that I'll have studying in Canada and it's impact on my career when i return home to my country and get better job and so on.
Q6.Should i include the result of my IELTS in the application documents?

I hope you people can guide me in the right direction with your knowledge and experience.
Thank you.
Kind Regards
TN

lonesoul

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Karachi Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-5-2011
IELTS Request
7.0 Bands
Med's Request
06-7-2011
Med's Done....
11-7-2011
Passport Req..
18-7-2011
VISA ISSUED...
B=Bring
U=Up
M=My
P=Post

atakch

Apr 7, 2011
Dear lonesoul
Today I received an email (recommendation to admission or acceptance ) from University of Ottawa in Civil Engineering program (MEng) for fall semester 2011 ,but they told me that this is not the offer of admission and that as soon as the Academic Administrator approves your acceptance, you will receive an official “Certificate of admission”
I wish to ask you as being accepted to the same program and same university ,how much time it needs to receive the official offer of admission by email and then by mail.
Thank you.
Kind Regard

lonesoul

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Karachi Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-5-2011
IELTS Request
7.0 Bands
Med's Request
06-7-2011
Med's Done....
11-7-2011
Passport Req..
18-7-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Well it should take around a week for Graduate administrator to approve your application.
I assume you got the email from Holly Whiffen?
And once you get the "Offer of Admission" it will take nearly 3 weeks for the hard copy to arrive at the address you provided.
May i know the pleasure of where you're from? And what's your area of specialization? :)

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lonesoul/atakch,

I have also applied to U Ottawa and my application was delivered in mid Feb. I just wanted to ask you guys, how long did it take to get a decision? and when did u apply? I have emailed Holly many times but every time she says they have many applications to process and she can't check the status of my application.

Regards.

atakch

Apr 7, 2011
Thanks lonesoul for sharing ,I got my admission email from Ms.Rousseau Yesterday,so as i undrstand from u it will take 4 weeks from now to get
the hard copy of the official admission ,it seems too long!!!
I am from lebanon ,I am still hesitate about area of specialization between Structural Engineering
and Construction Management.
What about you ?? and Did you recieved your letter of admission???What are your next steps???

Dear chd2canada,my application was submitted also on mid-February,and i got recommendation to admission(Not offer of admission) only yesterday.

lonesoul

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Karachi Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-5-2011
IELTS Request
7.0 Bands
Med's Request
06-7-2011
Med's Done....
11-7-2011
Passport Req..
18-7-2011
VISA ISSUED...
chd2canada said:
lonesoul/atakch,

I have also applied to U Ottawa and my application was delivered in mid Feb. I just wanted to ask you guys, how long did it take to get a decision? and when did u apply? I have emailed Holly many times but every time she says they have many applications to process and she can't check the status of my application.

Regards.
Hi!
Well i applied in start of Feb and got the offer of admission on 21 March.So it takes around 1 and a half month to 2 months.
And you're not suppose to email Holly you are to contact Sarah Duncan.
Kind Regards
TN

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lonesoul/atakch,

Thanks for the information! I hope to get the offer in next couple of weeks.

regards.

raashid7

May 6, 2014
lonesoul said:
Assalam-o-Alikum

People i've go a few question regarding student visa and such.
Recently i got an offer of admission from University of Ottawa in Civil Engineering program for M.Eng for September session.The hard copy of offer letter is yet to arrive.
I'll apply for visa as soon as i get the letter in my hand but in the mean time i'll ready the documents that are required.Here are a few question that i've in mind.

Q1.Can i deposit my finances to my bank account.I've recently opened up an account at the bank.So pretty much it won't have a history of last 4 months.I'll deposit around $23000 and along with that i've saving certificates that are in my name which my parents purchased for my education of around $23000.So the saving certificates have a history that goes way back.
My total funding would be around $46000 but it's a bit iffy situation in terms of bank statement.
Or instead of showing the finances in my account i can deposit the account in my Mamo's (My mother's brother) account.His account have a constant balance of $11000 for over six months and there is a lot of activity in his account in terms of debit and credit.
So what would you people recommend? Should i let my uncle finance me or should i finance myself?

Q2.My brother has been studying in University of Toronto for last 3 years.There is no problem of financing his studies or mine what so ever.In terms of family ties does this goes in a winning column?
Q3.I'm not exactly sure about family ties.How can i prove it? The only property that i've in my name is my car and nothing else.
Q4.I've read all over the forum that CHC Islamabad has been way too slow in terms of processing Student Visa so without wasting anytime further should i apply for visa as soon as possible since i don't want to miss the September session.
Q5.Does the embassy requires study write up? I can brag about all the benefits that I'll have studying in Canada and it's impact on my career when i return home to my country and get better job and so on.
Q6.Should i include the result of my IELTS in the application documents?

I hope you people can guide me in the right direction with your knowledge and experience.
Thank you.
Kind Regards
TN
please share your academic profile , number of backlogs, GRE and IELTS scores