+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding Manitoba PNP Application Requirements

chikamichi

Dec 2, 2010
Hi, I'm new here, and I'm hoping that the wealth of knowledge, information and experience of the people on this forum will help me in preparing my family's application to the Manitoba PNP Program. We are currently in Canada on my husband's work permit.

My questions are mostly regarding the various documents that MPNP requires as per the Document Checklist:

1. "birth certificates showing names of both parents for principal applicant and spouse": my family hail from South Korea, where there are no birth certificates. We do have a notarized and translated document issued by the government instead. However, while they have our names, birth date, place of birth and other information, it doesn't have the names of the parents. Is this absolutely necessary? Can we still use the documents we have, or do we have to try to get new documents with our parents' names?

2. "degrees, diplomas, certificates and official transcripts": My husband and I have certificates of graduation from the universities that we attended in Korea, stating that we graduated from our respective programs. Are we also required to provide transcripts with our courses and marks? Or would the certificate of graduation be sufficient?

3. English language ability: Do we have to take the IELTS? (I HATE taking tests!! :'()

4. Settlement funds -- "balance and account history for the last three months": Do we have to have $12,000+ dollars in our account for three full, straight months, or is it okay if we just have that money for the last month or so?

Those are all the questions I have for now (I may have more in the near future!), and we would appreciate any help or guidance.

Thanks so much in advance!