+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions of a New member

anuaji

Feb 10, 2009
My husband and I are applying for the Canadian PR under the Federal Skilled Worker Class. We had a few questions.

1) We both have our Master's degree from USA. So, for demonstrating our language proficiency in English we have opted to provide a written evidence and/or supporting documentation such as transcripts, employment letters, degree certificates, pay stubs etc. The question is
a) For the supporting documentation, is it necessary to submit original papers or can we submit notarized copies.
b) In the Instructions for Application, it clearly mentions that if we are submitting our paper work to CIU in Nova Scotia we do not have to submit any supporting documentation along with the application and that we will be contacted by the center and asked to submit all the documents along with the complete application later. But, in question No:6 of Schedule 3 (Background Information), about language proficiency, they ask us to submit the evidence along with application. Please clarify and let us know when we should submit the supporting docs?
When we initially submit the application (the very first step), should we submit any supporting docs?

2) We are currently residing USA (my husband on h1B visa and me on H4 Visa) and we plan to submit the application in the next week. In case we leave the USA (to our home country India)anytime after we make our Canadian PR application, does that change our processing time or affect the application in any way?

3) Both me and my husband were born in India and we do not have our original birth certificates? Can we use an Affidavit instead?

4) Our high school education and undergraduate degrees are from India and it is difficult to obtain a transcript (from the universities) for all the education in India. Will course completion certificates and degree certificates suffice? We will be able to submit notarized copies of the transcripts. We will be able to obtain original transcripts for our education from USA.

Thank you,

Anu

A

Albertagoverner

anuaji said:
My husband and I are applying for the Canadian PR under the Federal Skilled Worker Class. We had a few questions.

1) We both have our Master's degree from USA. So, for demonstrating our language proficiency in English we have opted to provide a written evidence and/or supporting documentation such as transcripts, employment letters, degree certificates, pay stubs etc. The question is
a) For the supporting documentation, is it necessary to submit original papers or can we submit notarized copies.
b) In the Instructions for Application, it clearly mentions that if we are submitting our paper work to CIU in Nova Scotia we do not have to submit any supporting documentation along with the application and that we will be contacted by the center and asked to submit all the documents along with the complete application later. But, in question No:6 of Schedule 3 (Background Information), about language proficiency, they ask us to submit the evidence along with application. Please clarify and let us know when we should submit the supporting docs?
When we initially submit the application (the very first step), should we submit any supporting docs?

2) We are currently residing USA (my husband on h1B visa and me on H4 Visa) and we plan to submit the application in the next week. In case we leave the USA (to our home country India)anytime after we make our Canadian PR application, does that change our processing time or affect the application in any way?

3) Both me and my husband were born in India and we do not have our original birth certificates? Can we use an Affidavit instead?

4) Our high school education and undergraduate degrees are from India and it is difficult to obtain a transcript (from the universities) for all the education in India. Will course completion certificates and degree certificates suffice? We will be able to submit notarized copies of the transcripts. We will be able to obtain original transcripts for our education from USA.

Thank you,

Anu
CIC need IELTS score. No matter what. I have seen guy from England, 3 generation born in england but still he has to apperar in IELTS score.

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
CIC requires transcripts in sealed envelopes. most colleges in india do provide it.

regarding birth certificate, affidavit copy signed by parents in front of magistrate or court also works.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi AlbertaGovernor,

With all due respect. I beg to differ.

Why is their the option to submit a written explanation of the proficiency of English Language.

If they require only IELTS results, why not just say so? Why the option?

I think because the CIC is fully aware of the fact that a lot of people even though of different origin have a very good command of English.
It is up to them to prove this.

satha73

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
Please let us know if the CIC accept the marksheets of all the higher education in India where the subjects taken and year of passing includings marks are mentioned.A notarised copy of marksheet and the degree certificate will it be enough to show that you had taken the course and completed.

satha73

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
hi hari...what i want to know know that in india when u complete a undergraduation degree of three years they give a consolidated marksheets clearly mentioning the subjects and month/year of passing.will a notarised copy of same is enough for CIC

anuaji

Feb 10, 2009
thanks. After reading thru' the replies, I think I should try the 'supporting documents" route for proving language prof. - Documents that I am thinking of using : GMAT , TOEFL,(both taken 7 yrs ago), MBA, CFA certificate copies, all notarized from US plus work exp. letters.Wouldnt that suffice?

A

Albertagoverner

anuaji said:
thanks. After reading thru' the replies, I think I should try the 'supporting documents" route for proving language prof. - Documents that I am thinking of using : GMAT , TOEFL,(both taken 7 yrs ago), MBA, CFA certificate copies, all notarized from US plus work exp. letters.Wouldnt that suffice?
Honey,

Adopt this approach: Provide exact amount of documents/information what is bare necessity. Don't provide the info which will be needed by CIC in future. Even in FSW application just fill the forms, attach the application fee and send to Buffalo, NY. Test scores certainly needs to be latest means on No later than 2 year old whether TOEFL or GMAT. Rest all requests are upon CIC. They will inform you if they need anything. Just attach latest education which is Masters' degree. If they need anything experience letters, Marksheets, Degree, they will contact you. Rest all information is on website where they have instructed each and every step: www.cic.gc.ca

anuaji

Feb 10, 2009
Thanks for all the answers. another quick question - looks like my NOC classification is 1112. Does that mean that I am not eligible to apply?...I am really confused after reading through the documents (about the 38 job classifications etc...)

helpmeimmigrate

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
anuaji said:

Answer: When you are applying for a skilled worker, you have to give IELTS no matter what unless you were born and have lived in Canada since birth ( you know what I mean?)
For Sydney, NS proessing no documents are sent, and even for the forms only copies are sent, not the original forms are sent. Because sidney will only approve your application and see if you qualify for the category you are applying for. If you do not they will reject and if yes you do qualify it will be sent to the visa post in your country and that visa post will ask you for original forms and documents.
Nor application includes original docs, it is always notarized documents, no matter what, excpet IELTS which has to be sent directlt to the visa post.

Answer: No it does not change your application, you will only need to inform the visa post of your current status and your current mailing address.

Answer: Affidavits work fine, have to be notarized

Answer: You do not necessarily need transcripts, you may make photocpies of all educational and work documents and get them notarized and include them in the application.

But this is all later, your application needs to be approved by the Sydney processing center first, then comes the later.
Thank you,

Anu

Gud luck, take care