+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions abt calculating points for Quebec immigration!

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
hi guys,

my frnd is trying to see if she can apply for the CSQ for Quebec, she is trying to calculate her points, she has a 2 year college diploma n a 4 year uni degree from Ontario, Canada, does she get separate points for these two or the max 10 points for her degree she is currently on post graduate work permit n living in Quebec for the last one month, she has a full time job in Ontario but its not skilled level 0 A or B, can she count that towards the exp portion? she has 4 yrs of exp from Canada overall., been in Ontario 11 yrs now. Also, she doesnt speak french n only has her ielts, can she till apply as login as she has 50 points? what are the normal processing time for csq now as her work permit expires on dec 2018, will she be able to extend work permit if csq is in process or approved before or by dec 2018?

thanks

moises6611

Feb 15, 2018
hi guys,

my frnd is trying to see if she can apply for the CSQ for Quebec, she is trying to calculate her points, she has a 2 year college diploma n a 4 year uni degree from Ontario, Canada, does she get separate points for these two or the max 10 points for her degree she is currently on post graduate work permit n living in Quebec for the last one month, she has a full time job in Ontario but its not skilled level 0 A or B, can she count that towards the exp portion? she has 4 yrs of exp from Canada overall., been in Ontario 11 yrs now. Also, she doesnt speak french n only has her ielts, can she till apply as login as she has 50 points? what are the normal processing time for csq now as her work permit expires on dec 2018, will she be able to extend work permit if csq is in process or approved before or by dec 2018?

thanks
Hi. I am in quebec with her same situation. and I still was able to apply for CSQ. Iam at work. later today I will explain you how

moises6611

Feb 15, 2018
hi guys,

thanks
Hi There

So, I too go a 3yr diploma from Ontario, only IELTS and no experience in B,A or O and moved to Quebec. Your friend can apply as long as she has a full time in Quebec. It does not matter in what class (0,A,B,C or D) but it must be full time. I would recommend to apply after 3 months being there, so she can get those 5 points for Quebec stay. As for her previous work experience, I do not know if they will count towards it. She does not need to have french, but sure enough she could get points from there. As per the education, they will count the highest earned diploma that they can verify towards the points, in addition to the Area of Training. It is really tricky the thing, me myself, Idk if I will get approved with what I sent.

As for the processing time, at this time is taking about 8 months to get the email for request of documents. After that, it is unknown. She might try to apply for an extension arguing that she has an ongoing quebec process, it could be a possibility

The most important thing for her, is to get a full time job in Quebec, otherwise she won't be able to apply on any category, as she has no NOC A,B or O experience.

What happened that she could not find a job on the skilled categories for the last 2 years?. Her other option, will be to apply at other provinces for provincial nominee, but I do not have the knowledge

Thanks

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
thanks a lot! she had to go back home for almost 2 yrs for family issues so therefore she had no choice but to love there now what happens if the csq gets approved after he work permit expires can she then apply for PR from her home country or does she need to live in quebec while she applies for PR? n if she gets Pr does she need to stay in quebec for good then or she move provinces? n she has 2 brothers in quebec who r also temporary resident n not yet PR or citizens will she get 3 points for each bro for staying in quebec? She sd she will contact a lawyer since she is confused if she will get points for her old job n area of training part as well.

moises6611

Feb 15, 2018
thanks a lot! she had to go back home for almost 2 yrs for family issues so therefore she had no choice but to love there now what happens if the csq gets approved after he work permit expires can she then apply for PR from her home country or does she need to live in quebec while she applies for PR? n if she gets Pr does she need to stay in quebec for good then or she move provinces? n she has 2 brothers in quebec who r also temporary resident n not yet PR or citizens will she get 3 points for each bro for staying in quebec? She sd she will contact a lawyer since she is confused if she will get points for her old job n area of training part as well.
I am sorry. Those questions are beyond my knowledge. You should consult the website or reach legal help. Family points are only obtained for PR or citizens. not family who is temporary residents. I believe that, if you apply as an inland applicant, you should remain inland until a decision is made. otherwise apply as an outside applicant. Thats my thinking.

Thanks