+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about PR forms (URGENT)

lynch66

May 2, 2015
Hi,

I'm filling up the online PR forms, but i have some problems, so i hope to find some help here! I currently work in Canada with a valid LMO which expires within the next 10 days.So i must submit my application before that time. My questions are:

1. Which document should i upload at the "proof of employment"? The LMO or my work permit maybe? Since I've been working on my current job for almost the last 2 years I do not need a letter from my employer that it will commit me to work there after I get my PR, is it right?

2. I have filled the "personal details" section and its status is "completed". When I login again its status is "in progress". So i have to enter, click on "check for completeness" to change the status in completed again. Does anyone else has the same issue? Any solution for this problem?

3. At the "personal history" I should have the last 2 years submitted without any gaps. What about the periods that I was unemployed? There is not unemployed option
at the list. One solution that i found on the forum is to put "employment" and at the job description "unemployed/vacation" but the problem in this case is that it will ask me for employment references at the upload documents section afterwards

Any answer would be really helpful. I don't have a lot of time to submit my application, so please anyone who might can help me to do it!

Thank you very much

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As proof of employment, you need your LMO, your T4 and NoA would help, and you definitely need a letter from your employer, on their letterhead, saying what your job title is, main responsibilities, how many hours a week, how long you have worked there, and salary. That just says you are employed there right now - it doesn't commit you to staying there after you get PR.

2. I have the exact same problem, and I know others do too. I wrote to CIC about it, but haven't gotten a response yet. I do what you do - exit and save each time in order to get to my documents section.

3. You are right in what you did - choose "Employment" and then write "unemployed" or "looking for work" or "traveling". It won't ask you for an employment reference for that. I only got asked for references for the number of jobs I wrote that I had.

lynch66

May 2, 2015
Actually one more question. Can you please clarify what should i upload at the "letter of employment" and what at the "offer of employment"?

lynch66

May 2, 2015
lynch66 said:
Actually one more question. Can you please clarify what should i upload at the "letter of employment" and what at the "offer of employment"?

Anyone? :-X

lynch66

May 2, 2015
Also, when you have a LMO/LMIA what documents should you upload at the "proof of funds"? Is the T4 and the pay stubs of 2015 enough?

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
lynch66 said:
Also, when you have a LMO/LMIA what documents should you upload at the "proof of funds"? Is the T4 and the pay stubs of 2015 enough?
First of all if you have valid job with LMO/LMIA you don't need to show any POF and to proof employment you need T4 and NOA. 2ndly you said "I currently work in Canada with a valid LMO which expires within the next 10 days " Until when your WP valid. ?

lynch66

May 2, 2015
My wp expires at the same date with my lmo in the 9th of May. So, i have to submit my pr application before that date. About the proof of funds at the cic's website it says that if you have an lmo you don't need to show any POF but when you apply for the EE you asked for (it's a question that you are not allowed to leave blank). Also in the upload documents section that i currently am it ask to upload POF, so i was thinking that T4 can do the work. What do you think?

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
lynch66 said:
My wp expires at the same date with my lmo in the 9th of May. So, i have to submit my pr application before that date. About the proof of funds at the cic's website it says that if you have an lmo you don't need to show any POF but when you apply for the EE you asked for (it's a question that you are not allowed to leave blank). Also in the upload documents section that i currently am it ask to upload POF, so i was thinking that T4 can do the work. What do you think?
Showing minimum funds isn't necessary when you have LMIA/LMO approved job or you are invited under CEC. However, better get bank statement from the banks you are holding account as per CIC guidelines and upload them. Remember, minimum funds isn't required.
You may append T4 to it and upload.